Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Niall's record? makes stuff up or nah?

Reckons Freo think Hill will stay with the club.
That’s an unusual article in that it is a common sense piece with no sensationalism or personal views.
It really tells us nothing but it is probably exactly where everything sits.
I liked it.

Surely its Hill (and his brother) to the Saints for their 1st rounder + change (their second) plus compo for Stephen. That 1st round pick, and your own 1st round pick then goes to Geelong for Kelly and their second round pick.

Gain Kelly, Stephen compo and 2 x seconds. Lose your 1st, 2 x Hills.

You'd then have 3 seconds + S. Hill compo to play with, to either use them, or cash them in for a team looking for points, to move back down into the 1st round.

Either that or you could work something out with the rumors of Jack Steven wanting to head to Geelong if they're true. The Saints send Steven to the Cattery, the Cats send you blokes Kelly, and Hill moves to Moorabin (with some pick swaps to even things out).

You lose Hill, but gain Kelly. The Saints lose Kelly but gain Steven. The Saints lose Steven but gain Hill. It seems pretty fair, with some minor pick swaps to keep people happy.

Niall is one of the best. Doesn't make stuff up so if he is wrong it will be misinformation he has received.
Surely its Hill (and his brother) to the Saints for their 1st rounder + change (their second) plus compo for Stephen. That 1st round pick, and your own 1st round pick then goes to Geelong for Kelly and their second round pick.

You'd then have 3 seconds + S. Hill compo to play with, to either use them, or cash them in for a team looking for points, to move back down into the 1st round.

Either that or you could work something out with the rumors of Jack Steven wanting to head to Geelong if they're true. The Saints send Steven to the Cattery, the Cats send you blokes Kelly, and Hill moves to Moorabin (with some pick swaps to even things out).

You lose Hill, but gain Kelly. The Saints lose Kelly but gain Steven. The Saints lose Steven but gain Hill. It seems pretty fair, with some minor pick swaps to keep people happy.
You can't use any potential Kelly deal to make it look like your unders is better than it is.

If you want Hill you would have to cough up more than your 2nd with the Crows pick.

Not much. General consensus is that while it would suck to lose a favourite son, realistically, he hasn’t been able to get on the park for two years. No one would it against him taking a strong 2-3 year contract somewhere else. There’s been no mail aside from the Suns on where he’s going either
Completely agree, take the good with the bad. He stuck around in vic another night and was in geelong last night.

And yes i know he could be just visiting, just passing it on :)

LOL, I'd rather have Brad Hill than Kelly. 2 first round picks for Kelly and a second doesn't add up.

Yeah, nah...

I don't have a horse in this race fellas, but you rate Hill higher than Kelly?

If I had to pick one at Carlton I'd take Kelly and that's no diss to Hill.
The main reason is Kelly is uncontracted while Hill has 2 years to run.
Further, Hill is the premier wingman in the comp and Kelly is (currently) in the top 10 clearance mids. Hill has performed at an elite level for 5-6 years, Kelly has had a couple of seasons in one of the deepest midfields.

I don't have a horse in this race fellas, but you rate Hill higher than Kelly?

If I had to pick one at Carlton I'd take Kelly and that's no diss to Hill.
I don’t think many here would say he’s worth more but if I’m being honest Kelly’s form has dipped significantly as Geelong have underperformed. I still think Kelly is elite just not the level he was being touted at earlier.

The contract status makes a massive difference given its 2 years vs uncontracted. I still think we ‘d need to upgrade a Geelong pick that’s not our first but the situations mean they aren’t as far away as others think.

We wouldn’t give up Hill and a top 10 (even for a downgrade), that I’m sure about.

Andrew Gaff for mine.

Just seems to me with Stevens wanting out of the Saints (to the Cats), Kelly wanting back to WA and Hill wanting back to Victoria, there is an opportunity there for a three way trade where everyone is happy.
A great opportunity for St Kilda to make out like bandits too.

If we roll this forward one year. Kelly is playing somewhere else, Brad Hill is still contracted for another year and Stevens is an unrestricted free agent. That's essentially the gist of it.

Andrew Gaff for mine.

Just seems to me with Stevens wanting out of the Saints (to the Cats), Kelly wanting back to WA and Hill wanting back to Victoria, there is an opportunity there for a three way trade where everyone is happy.
Gaff was good last year but he has done a fair bit of seagulling this year. Often has games where he touched it 30 times and did nothing.

It's Whitfield at 1 and I'd take Hill or Billings 2nd.

Also, pretty sure the response on here tells you that Freo fans aren't happy giving up what you suggest for that 3 way deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Gaff for mine.

You’re a reasonable dude. How do you rate Steven given his age and history.

My trade (that Saints fans hated)

Freo
Out: Hill, 25
In: Kelly, 36

Geelong
Out: Kelly, 36
In: Steven, 6

Saints
Out: Steven, 6
In: Hill, 25

The problem with that trade is freo probably won't enter a 3 way trade, we instead try to keep our trades all separate to try and extract max value.
There's maximising value and there's being a dick about it.

The downgrade doesnt mean much to us since it gets used on Henry anyway and we shouldnt need too many more point to cover him.

Clubs also arent stupid, they'll wait for deals to be done.

If we can get Kelly with only a small downgrade for Hill we should not be stubborn and take it. We get another elite player in the door and maximise Hills value when we know he's going anyway. We wont get a better deal for were we are at as a club than a close to straight swap for Kelly.

Its likely all redundant anyway since he'll more than likely choose WC but I think my trade leaves all parties happy with us 'winning' on value. Saint Kilda fans heavily disagree

Niall broke Crozier to the dogs and this time last year was saying Neale would be traded. He's one of the best.

Niall broke Crozier to the dogs and this time last year was saying Neale would be traded. He's one of the best.
The Age is the clubs chosen paper for leaking to when its something directed at the wider football community (locally it's Duffield I assume). During the *ahem* Lyon Harassment Controversy all of the rebuttals and versions most favourable to Ross and the club were run out in The Age.

Our 2020 1st round pick to Geelong.

Kelly to Fremantle.

B Hill to Carlton (along with his brother as a F/A).

Plus some later pick swaps, but that would do it you'd think.

You lose Hill, and gain Kelly. Fair trade I would have thought? As good as Hill is, Kelly is better (no offence to Hill).
Kelly better then hill ?
Rhys Palmer and Harley Bennell played a year and a half good footy
Bhilly is a 3x premiership player and bnf winner his proved he can play in a gun team and star in an average team
I’d rather keep hill and if blues had a choice they would rather hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back