The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to know what fellow hip hop heads think about Joe Budden. Personally think he is in the top 10 lyrical MC's to ever pick the mic up. His early stuff is crazy...mood muzic 3 and 4 are 5 out of 5 imo. He doesnt get the attention he deserves...anybody listen to him?

Wanted to know what fellow hip hop heads think about Joe Budden. Personally think he is in the top 10 lyrical MC's to ever pick the mic up. His early stuff is crazy...mood muzic 3 and 4 are 5 out of 5 imo. He doesnt get the attention he deserves...anybody listen to him?
Yeah he's amazingly underrated, just like the rest of slaughterhouse. his lyrical work is definitely very under-appreciated as well. He even outshone Em in this cypher i reckon

Views came out today, wasn't expecting much and got what I expected. Worse version of Take Care. Less memorable quotes and vocally Drake is pretty average. 9 is probably my favourite... A collection of his misc stuff over the past few years would be better than this.

You trippin

Yeah m8
Haven't listened to him for awhile
I remember enjoying one of the Mood Muzik mixtapes, will have to get back into his stuff. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally listening to this:

Lovely stuff.

Was a little underwhelmed by new Chance tbh. I knew it was always going to be different to Acid Rap, but I struggled to listen to his new mixtape the whole way through. I liked the songs with Thugger and Yachty, Wayne and 2 Chainz though. Thought the track with Jay Electronica would have been great, were it not for the intro. May just be the version I listened to, but the mixing seemed pretty off.

Last edited:

Lovely stuff.

Was a little underwhelmed by new Chance tbh. I knew it was always going to be different to Acid Rap, but I struggled to listen to his new mixtape the whole way through. Like the songs with Thugger and Yachty, Wayne and 2 Chainz particularly though. Thought the track with Jay Electronica would have been great, were it not for the intro. May just be the version I listened to, but the mixing seemed pretty off.

The mixing is arse the entire way through. It just sounds unprofessional (I hope it's not intentional), for instance some of the backing vocals come in way too loud and instruments are panned really hard

So I have every studio album from the following artists, duos and groups however like every collection there is always ones who should be there that are missing. I've posted a picture below by folder by alphabetical order so if anybody could help me out by suggesting a few hip-hop artists & groups it would be much obliged. Cheers.

Just thought I'd point these out.
  • I have every studio album bar the Wu Tang Clan one that only has one copy, however I can't remember so it could be a mixtape instead, which is irrelevant.
  • I also have Chris Brown who I put in my Pop collection
  • EPMD have many studio albums but both rappers in that duo have their own single studio albums which are in that folder too. Same with 8Ball & MJG.
  • The late "Eyedea" has a couple albums with "Abilities" which under the Eyedea folder.
Untitled.png

So I have every studio album from the following artists, duos and groups however like every collection there is always ones who should be there that are missing. I've posted a picture below by folder by alphabetical order so if anybody could help me out by suggesting a few hip-hop artists & groups it would be much obliged. Cheers.

Just thought I'd point these out.
  • I have every studio album bar the Wu Tang Clan one that only has one copy, however I can't remember so it could be a mixtape instead, which is irrelevant.
  • I also have Chris Brown who I put in my Pop collection
  • EPMD have many studio albums but both rappers in that duo have their own single studio albums which are in that folder too. Same with 8Ball & MJG.
  • The late "Eyedea" has a couple albums with "Abilities" which under the Eyedea folder.
View attachment 248774

Capital Punishment by Big Pun is an essential. I'd potentially have it top 5 of all time.

Some others:
- Metaphorical Music and Modal Soul by Nujabes.
- ANX and maybe Vessel by Dark Time Sunshine.
- Rip the Jacker by Canabis.

There's plenty more, but I'm having a bit of a mind blank right now.

Capital Punishment by Big Pun is an essential. I'd potentially have it top 5 of all time.

Some others:

Thanks, just got all of their albums (and Canibus' mixtapes). As well as Madchild, Swollen Members, Big L & M.O.P

Thanks, just got all of their albums (and Canibus' mixtapes). As well as Madchild, Swollen Members, Big L & M.O.P

Also lack of Madvillian/MF Doom is disappointing.

Could also give Mick Jenkins, Chance the Rapper, Pusha T and Run The Jewels a go.

Lovely stuff.

Was a little underwhelmed by new Chance tbh. I knew it was always going to be different to Acid Rap, but I struggled to listen to his new mixtape the whole way through. I liked the songs with Thugger and Yachty, Wayne and 2 Chainz though. Thought the track with Jay Electronica would have been great, were it not for the intro. May just be the version I listened to, but the mixing seemed pretty off.

Some others:

Nujabes stan checking in! Checkout Hydeout Productions 1st Collection and 2nd Collection (the latter is my avy).

Favourite producer OAT

Nujabes stan checking in! Checkout Hydeout Productions 1st Collection and 2nd Collection (the latter is my avy).

Favourite producer OAT

Yeah, noticed that. Also noticed you had the picture Ta-ku used on his tribute album a while back, I believe(?)

I'll look into them. Have been meaning to ever since listening Metaphorical Music and Modal Soul. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back