The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

They delivered on the track don't you think?

I wasn't hyped for them at all but they fitted in well.
Nah it was really good, I loved how everyone wasn't hyped as if it was going to be a U2 song ft Kendrick instead of the other way around.

Was just poking fun at the amount of hype for this album and pretending it was all for U2. ;)

DAMN. really exceeded my expectations.

Top 3 songs off of it for me are Pride, Fear and Duckworth

Pride is my favourite now that I've had a chance to give it a couple more spins, and re-listen to some of my favourites off it. :thumbsu:

Random little vid that came up on my FB the other day - this chick now joins Mistress of Ceremony (that I posted last year) as only the second girl I've ever heard who can genuinely flow.

Not sure how I feel about DAMN tbh. It's too scattered, too many change ups, too many tracks that just saunter for a few mins then disappear. Not feeling the production overall either, especially considering how talented the extended crew he's built up around him is. In fact, this is probably the first time I've listened to a Kendrick release since Section.80 and flat out not liked certain tracks (well, except maybe the Drake track on GKMC...), which is pretty disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn. Yeah it's ok...ill need a few more listens. Definitely better than TPAB.

Right now Devin The Dude's Acoustic Levitation is doing it for me. I don't smoke but I kinda want to. Beats are like butter....smooth AF

This is actual hip hop wit actual rap and rhymes n s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back