Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
"when threads get ruined by teenagers"
Bro Jay was the only one willing to listen because he'd produced heaps of stuff on the blueprint, including Izzo. Kanye would not be rapping if not for Jay making rocafella sign him. It says it in that last paragraph there ^

Started in a studio making the blueprint, though. That's where jay heard him first
Did you not read the first? You claimed that he "Never meant to rap, just wanted to produce music", which isn't true. That's what got people on your case, not whether or not he had worked with Jay.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
"when threads get ruined by teenagers"

Did you not read the first? You claimed that he "Never meant to rap, just wanted to produce music", which isn't true. That's what got people on your case, not whether or not he had worked with Jay.

No one wanted to hear him dude. We would not have heard him rap if it wasn't for jay z, they are the facts.

He probably would've been stuck producing, jay threw him a lifeline at rocafella. That's what I've been saying.

Lol this thread is putrid too many ppl uneducated on the things they're speaking on

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics

Almost every young black kid wants to be a rapper.

the chances they end up in a studio producing with jay, then get signed by him while everyone else is laughing them out the door, slim to none. Was never meant to, he got lucky.

To say he's the best hip hop artist of all time just highlights a severe lack of knowledge on the subject.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

the chances they end up in a studio producing with jay, then get signed by him while everyone else is laughing them out the door, slim to none. Was never meant to, he got lucky.

To say he's the best hip hop artist of all time just highlights a severe lack of knowledge on the subject.
Em got lucky because Dre found him and therefore can't be the best rapper of all time, dude everyone who made it got lucky. The fact this is your argument against him not being the greatest hip hop artist of all time just shows how many straws you are clutching at.
I like how this kanye worship has moved threads. :)
I don't worship him, he's not even my favourite hip hop artist. I can just see and respect that the consistency, diversity and brilliance of his projects is unparalleled.

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

This article: https://mic.com/articles/114856/the...-make-you-appreciate-him-even-more#.r3BXjtdZL

First returned on my google search, clearly indicates that Kanye was *almost* signed to Capitol

That meant that he began nagging Jay Z, who was initially hesitant to sign Kanye. Always the businessman, Jay wasn't sure Kanye's college-educated, pink polo, backpack-wearing style would work in the gangster-driven rap game. When Kanye began to close a deal with Capitol, he eventually took a risk on the rising star.

If you listen to his song last call, you'll find reference to this:
Let's just say I didn't get my deal. The n*gga that was behind me, I mean, he wasn't even a n*gga, you know? The person who actually kicked everything off was Joe 3H from Capitol Records. He wanted to sign me really bad

And if you've followed Kanye's career at all, you'll know the dude is incredibly ambitious and unwilling to give up.
Last year shoppin my demo, I was tryin' to shine
Every motherf*cker told me that I couldn't rhyme

Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams

So, to suggest that he was being "laughed out the door" and wouldn't have ever got signed elsewhere is ludicrous.

Is he the best ever? I'm not well versed enough to make that comment.

Does he deserve to be in the conversation? Yeah.

How will he be remembered? Surely as one of the most influential artists of his generation, and one of the most influential and important hip hop artists of all time.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
This article: https://mic.com/articles/114856/the...-make-you-appreciate-him-even-more#.r3BXjtdZL

First returned on my google search, clearly indicates that Kanye was *almost* signed to Capitol

That meant that he began nagging Jay Z, who was initially hesitant to sign Kanye. Always the businessman, Jay wasn't sure Kanye's college-educated, pink polo, backpack-wearing style would work in the gangster-driven rap game. When Kanye began to close a deal with Capitol, he eventually took a risk on the rising star.

If you listen to his song last call, you'll find reference to this:
Let's just say I didn't get my deal. The n*gga that was behind me, I mean, he wasn't even a n*gga, you know? The person who actually kicked everything off was Joe 3H from Capitol Records. He wanted to sign me really bad

And if you've followed Kanye's career at all, you'll know the dude is incredibly ambitious and unwilling to give up.
Last year shoppin my demo, I was tryin' to shine
Every motherf*cker told me that I couldn't rhyme

Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams

So, to suggest that he was being "laughed out the door" and wouldn't have ever got signed elsewhere is ludicrous.

Is he the best ever? I'm not well versed enough to make that comment.

Does he deserve to be in the conversation? Yeah.

How will he be remembered? Surely as one of the most influential artists of his generation, and one of the most influential and important hip hop artists of all time.

Seem to be going around in circles here mate. Either way he's here now and we both agree he's been a highlight this generation.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
No one wanted to hear him dude. We would not have heard him rap if it wasn't for jay z, they are the facts.

He probably would've been stuck producing, jay threw him a lifeline at rocafella. That's what I've been saying.

Lol this thread is putrid too many ppl uneducated on the things they're speaking on
I really don't think you've read what you wrote at first (you definitely haven't read the responses in full). Your posted suggested that Kanye had no interest in being a rapper at all until he had done those Blueprint tracks and that Jay was the one who planted the seed. That of course isn't true, which is why people responded in the way they did. And now we're all here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
I really don't think you've read what you wrote at first (you definitely haven't read the responses in full). Your posted suggested that Kanye had no interest in being a rapper at all until he had done those Blueprint tracks and that Jay was the one who planted the seed. That of course isn't true, which is why people responded in the way they did. And now we're all here.

Nope I didn't, you just said that for the first time in this whole conversation haha. Never said he didn't want to rap or that jay planted any seed, you need to go re read a few posts. He was close to not making it as anything but a producer, jay had a hand in him getting where he is, from the start. Don't know who appointed you voice of the people but you're annoying the * outta me tbf.

You're not bringing anything of value. Just your two cents on who's winning the argument lol. Say something interesting or shut up mate

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
Still gutted that Prodigy one half of the Mobb Deep duo passed over a month ago. Choking on an egg... awful way to go out and he was so young too.

His verse in 'Shook Ones, Pt. II' is up there with the best. That track also has one of the greatest instrumentals ever created.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
What do you guys think about Brockhampton?

Only really listened recently after Gummy popped up on spotify, really enjoy a lot of their singles but some of the songs on Saturation bore me. They're very diverse so I see a big future for them if they can stick together.

Hook gods though, Gold's hook has been stuck in my head all week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back