The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

legend

in other news, Eminem is completely washed and should be removed from the hip hop hall of fame.. he's an embarrassment to himself and his legacy is forever tarnished for releasing quite possibly the worst album of music ive ever listened too.

legend

in other news, Eminem is completely washed and should be removed from the hip hop hall of fame.. he's an embarrassment to himself and his legacy is forever tarnished for releasing quite possibly the worst album of music ive ever listened too.
I read a few reviews this morning and it didn't seem promising or horrific.

I have just listened to it, start to finish. It is far worse than I expected. I think the only postive quality that the critics could latch to is the anti trump stuff. And maybe the features parts (as far as pop courses go, they were pretty good).

Truly horrendous stuff and his worse album by a stretch.

Immediately removed it from my Spotify and listened to "I don't give a *", "still don't give a *", and finished it with Cinderella man (from the last decent album he made).

Everything is right in the world again.

it's embarrassing... why make a pop album now, in your 40s?

shithouse execution too.. every beat is terrible and his choppy robotic flow is shocking

could've got a couple dre beats, couple alchemist beats.. a few from just blaze.. brought in some local Detroit spitters, Royce.. and made a hip hop album.

ah well hes washed and nowhere near my top 10 anymore

legend

Does he actually rap about dabbing and sniffing his own armpit? My mate told me there's literally a line about that.

Eminem has been shite for years. It was pretty easy to tell he was completely cooked when he started going for shock value that wasn't creative at all (i.e. the line about beating Lana Del Rey). Pretty embarrassing.

Am I crazy for liking Revival? It's far from his best for sure but he pretty much admits on the first track about how he can't live up to expectations and the criticism affects him.

It's not for everyone and that's fine, but I'd say he's earnt the right to make whatever music he wants without being s**t on. He sounds pretty vulnerable at the moment and I'm concerned he might relapse.

I get the feeling that he wants to disappear into obscurity but there's such a high demand for him. Pretty sad.

Am I crazy for liking Revival? It's far from his best for sure but he pretty much admits on the first track about how he can't live up to expectations and the criticism affects him.

It's not for everyone and that's fine, but I'd say he's earnt the right to make whatever music he wants without being s**t on. He sounds pretty vulnerable at the moment and I'm concerned he might relapse.

I get the feeling that he wants to disappear into obscurity but there's such a high demand for him. Pretty sad.

I'd sympathise with him if he wasn't an arsehole.

You deserve all the criticism you get if you rap about beating women and consistently use homophobic slurs (in 2014, at least). Don't know whether his new album is anything like this, but he certainly brought it upon himself on his last record.

I'd sympathise with him if he wasn't an arsehole.

You deserve all the criticism you get if you rap about beating women and consistently use homophobic slurs (in 2014, at least). Don't know whether his new album is anything like this, but he certainly brought it upon himself on his last record.
A valid point, but I'd say its a classic story of trying to give the people what they want. "We want more shady" but he's middle aged and sober, its not funny anymore. That humour has shifted from when he first blew up with all the controversy.

I reckon he just needs to start making he wants to instead of making the fans happy. The Trump freestyle was just a copy of Mosh, which wasn't great either. So many songs that were trying to copy Love The Way You Lie.

I actually quite like his new choppy flow (prefer his older 'brain damage' style though) but I don't think he's finished.

If he can pull himself out of this slump and moves on and maybe even creates a new persona he can bounce back. The talent is still there.

Have you guys heard him on Dre album Compton last year.

"Medicine Man" best from him since his hey day.

As a side note
His first ever album infinite is pretty good as well (albeit low budget)
Before he blew up.

Listened to revival and that was enough for me to not listen to the album. Rap changed...Em didnt.
I listened to the Eminem show the other weekend...Track after track is gold. Have to feel for him...The new age have no idea how good he was.

One of the greatest freestyles you'll ever hear. 10 minutes of non stop bars

F**k I love Black Thought, one of my greatest regrets in life is not having seen The Roots live yet. I had tickets last time they were mean’t to come but they cancelled. Fingers crossed they come back again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

legend

Slim was cooked years ago, to be honest I’ve never been a fan. Most of his s**t is straight up cringe worthy.

legend

Twas the night before Christmas, and Shady was pissed
The White House was silent, and Mathers felt dissed
His new album sucked and was panned 'cross the land
And he lost half his fan base
from his line in the sand
Oh, how far he's fallen, this once decent rapper
Who'd gone full-tilt libtard
And was now in the crapper
So those on the right, let's all raise a glass
Give a Yuletide toast to this triggered pale ass
Let's wish him Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
For his relevance has faded
His career's death is near
That's something to celebrate as we party this night
Merry Christmas to all, and to Marshall -- good night.

The talent is still there.

This - new album is shite, and I've liked just about everything he's done to varying degrees (except for Relapse). Em seems to be in a weird place - he's trying to give old school fans Slim Shady, trying to appeal to new listeners/sell records by making pop songs, and on this album trying his hand at conscious rap.

Can only hope his next album is much better.

Was listening to some tracks from Cannibal Ox-Cold Vein the other day. What an album.
Are any of these guys still making music anymore I.e Blackalicious, Deltron 3030, Hieroglyphics etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Binary Star released an album this year. Was it any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was listening to some tracks from Cannibal Ox-Cold Vein the other day. What an album.

EL-P has a very impressive resume.

You heard Company Flow I'm assuming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back