SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Loving the new Danny Brown stuff. I think this is the sound he's searching for.
It seems like he's trying to earn the respect of the classic hip-hop community, which meant I was unlikely to enjoy it, but it's too hard not to with his charisma. No Atrocity Exhibition or XXX, but still a damn good record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Billy Woods dropped his second great album of the year. Not sure there's anyone on his level on penmanship right now.

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Unintentional triple post, but also want to shout-out the new Westside Gunn album which I think is highly underrated. Some of the skits are a bit much, but I like pretty much all his verses, and his adlibs have to be my favourites of anyone in the game right now:

Inveigh Slang

Team Captain
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
should check out the song they just released, probably their best yet
Yeah bro hit that up on my way home from work. It was crazy good.

The Church scene and the power from their lyrics

They don't do much multi syllable rhyme schemes but they flow so good over drill. I'll be going to there Perth show in two weeks

jooce8891

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah bro hit that up on my way home from work. It was crazy good.

The Church scene and the power from their lyrics

They don't do much multi syllable rhyme schemes but they flow so good over drill. I'll be going to there Perth show in two weeks
im not really a hip hop fan, but credit where credit's due, these guys are good........

Inveigh Slang

Team Captain
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah, metal is where it's at for me, props for picking up on the old jason pic haha, but like i said i can appreciate good music when i hear it, no matter the genre.
Not to get off topic but I've been listening to metal since a young child. Love Metallica and hace Sepultura S tatted over my ribs. Slayer and Pantera round it off for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
UK rapper and producer duo Mr Key & Greenwood Sharps are finally back with an EP after dropping one of the best albums of 2015. Bit too much singing for my liking, but it's still a really great follow-up. The closing track is beautiful:

deck

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
The new Griselda record was awesome right up until that Eminem feature. Can he just GAGF already FFS.

Still a really good project though.
When I heard the original mix with Conway I was actually excited to hear Eminem spit on a beat with the same vibe he did on feature tracks and some of his own pre Marshall Mathers LP. Then the beat switch came and I'm not quite sure what Eminem was trying to achieve with that flow and verse.

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
When I heard the original mix with Conway I was actually excited to hear Eminem spit on a beat with the same vibe he did on feature tracks and some of his own pre Marshall Mathers LP. Then the beat switch came and I'm not quite sure what Eminem was trying to achieve with that flow and verse.
It's like he didn't listen to the project at all. I genuinely think he just used a verse he had lying around. It's pretty much everything you'd expect from a 2019 Eminem feature. At least they just tacked it on at the end so it doesn't reallly hurt the album too much.

deck

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
It's like he didn't listen to the project at all. I genuinely think he just used a verse he had lying around. It's pretty much everything you'd expect from a 2019 Eminem feature. At least they just tacked it on at the end so it doesn't reallly hurt the album too much.
Yeah it's up to the guest to switch up and to follow the main artists lead. Not have the producer switch up the sound to accommodate your style. It's what makes it interesting hearing artist drop something over a style or sound they aren't accustomed to.

Just waiting for my vinyl to arrive to give the Estee Nack and Giallo Point a proper listen.

Top Bottom