The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know the song is pretty plastic and people say it is one of the worst on the album but i freakin' love Venom. Got it on repeat.

Can't argue that it is much better than Revival which was pretty average (but not terrible)

Jan 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
giphy.gif

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
It's certainly his best in a while. Just a shame that he had to produce 3 or 4 or whatever albums that all got shat on to muster up enough anger to rhyme about something decent, and what suits his style.

I like the Beastie Boys style cover too.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
MGK’s reply wasn’t bad at all. All the diehard Em fans are shitting all over MGK on social media and there’s obviously a fair few more however I’m interested in seeing Em’s reply to it.

yep it's great

battle rapping!

MGK should have never made rap devil. It was a brave thing to do, but he just got destroyed lyrically.
It was a smart thing to do, really. He shot himself to the top of the headlines in the music hip hop industry for a couple of weeks before Eminem replied.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
MGK should have never made rap devil. It was a brave thing to do, but he just got destroyed lyrically.
“You’re named after a gun and have a man bun HA”, wow Eminem really is a lyrical genius those mumble rappers like earl the hooded sweater would never come up with this gold.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
In terms of what? Pure mc skill Kendrick is firmly entrenched, discography or impact and Kanye would be 1st.

Pure emcee skill. I could be underrating Kendrick due to not liking his taste in beats, and perhaps "not near a top ten" is harsh. The GOAT comments are mental though. Would be open to Kendrick listening suggestions if you think you can make my head nod.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Pure emcee skill. I could be underrating Kendrick due to not liking his taste in beats, and perhaps "not near a top ten" is harsh. The GOAT comments are mental though. Would be open to Kendrick listening suggestions if you think you can make my head nod.
For emcee skill try “sing about me, I’m dying of thirst” genuinely the greatest storytelling in a song I’ve heard.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
“You’re named after a gun and have a man bun HA”, wow Eminem really is a lyrical genius those mumble rappers like earl the hooded sweater would never come up with this gold.
"It's your moment, this is it
As big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Had to give you a career to destroy it"
&
"You say you got me in the scope but you grazed me
I say one call to interscope and you're swayze"

It's funny cos it's true.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
"It's your moment, this is it
As big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Had to give you a career to destroy it"
&
"You say you got me in the scope but you grazed me
I say one call to interscope and you're swayze"

It's funny cos it's true.

"stan...stan...son...listen...man...dad...isn't...mad...but...how you...gonna...name your...self...after a...damn gun...and have a...man bun"

lol

I haven't been particularly interested in eminem for 15 years or so and Machine Gun Kelly is not my cup of tea at all, but this exchange has been pretty entertaining.

Back