The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

should check out the song they just released, probably their best yet

Yeah bro hit that up on my way home from work. It was crazy good.

The Church scene and the power from their lyrics

They don't do much multi syllable rhyme schemes but they flow so good over drill. I'll be going to there Perth show in two weeks

Yeah bro hit that up on my way home from work. It was crazy good.

The Church scene and the power from their lyrics

They don't do much multi syllable rhyme schemes but they flow so good over drill. I'll be going to there Perth show in two weeks
im not really a hip hop fan, but credit where credit's due, these guys are good........

I noticed the old Newstead pic. I love my metal and hip hop. I think with all music it's the themes and visuals that helps attract the youtube audience
yeah, metal is where it's at for me, props for picking up on the old jason pic haha, but like i said i can appreciate good music when i hear it, no matter the genre.

yeah, metal is where it's at for me, props for picking up on the old jason pic haha, but like i said i can appreciate good music when i hear it, no matter the genre.

Not to get off topic but I've been listening to metal since a young child. Love Metallica and hace Sepultura S tatted over my ribs. Slayer and Pantera round it off for me

UK rapper and producer duo Mr Key & Greenwood Sharps are finally back with an EP after dropping one of the best albums of 2015. Bit too much singing for my liking, but it's still a really great follow-up. The closing track is beautiful:

The new Griselda record was awesome right up until that Eminem feature. Can he just GAGF already FFS.

Still a really good project though.

The new Griselda record was awesome right up until that Eminem feature. Can he just GAGF already FFS.

Still a really good project though.
When I heard the original mix with Conway I was actually excited to hear Eminem spit on a beat with the same vibe he did on feature tracks and some of his own pre Marshall Mathers LP. Then the beat switch came and I'm not quite sure what Eminem was trying to achieve with that flow and verse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I heard the original mix with Conway I was actually excited to hear Eminem spit on a beat with the same vibe he did on feature tracks and some of his own pre Marshall Mathers LP. Then the beat switch came and I'm not quite sure what Eminem was trying to achieve with that flow and verse.
It's like he didn't listen to the project at all. I genuinely think he just used a verse he had lying around. It's pretty much everything you'd expect from a 2019 Eminem feature. At least they just tacked it on at the end so it doesn't reallly hurt the album too much.

For those enjoying Griselda, Estee Nack is well worth checking out. Been really prolific with consistently strong releases the last few years:

It's like he didn't listen to the project at all. I genuinely think he just used a verse he had lying around. It's pretty much everything you'd expect from a 2019 Eminem feature. At least they just tacked it on at the end so it doesn't reallly hurt the album too much.
Yeah it's up to the guest to switch up and to follow the main artists lead. Not have the producer switch up the sound to accommodate your style. It's what makes it interesting hearing artist drop something over a style or sound they aren't accustomed to.

Just waiting for my vinyl to arrive to give the Estee Nack and Giallo Point a proper listen.

Album of the decade? Good kid maad city has to be up there, been late to the party on Kendrick but am loving his work at the moment. Been playing this album on repeat the last couple of days, the only weak track is "Real" I think.
Danny Brown's Atrocity Exhibition is probably my favourite hip-hop album of the decade. Kanye's MBDTF is still unforgettable too. Probably more neo-soul than hip-hop, but Standing on the Corner's Red Burns is ludicrously underrated and right up there as one of the best projects of the decade too IMO.

Danny Brown's Atrocity Exhibition is probably my favourite hip-hop album of the decade. Kanye's MBDTF is still unforgettable too. Probably more neo-soul than hip-hop, but Standing on the Corner's Red Burns is ludicrously underrated and right up there as one of the best projects of the decade too IMO.

I've listed plenty to MBDTF great album - will have to give the others a go, haven't heard of them. I've been in a bit of a music blackhole for 10-15 years....

I've listed plenty to MBDTF great album - will have to give the others a go, haven't heard of them. I've been in a bit of a music blackhole for 10-15 years....
People seem to love or bounce off of Atrocity Exhibition - it's very experimental. I've seen mostly praise for Standing on the Corner, but I think most people listening to them are fans, so doesn't really say much haha.

For those enjoying Griselda, Estee Nack is well worth checking out. Been really prolific with consistently strong releases the last few years:

that's so dope. got this on repeat right now haha.

My favourite hip-hop album would have to be either Only Built 4 Cuban Linx or Violent by Design

Love this RZA beat.

Probably some of the darkest and most sophisticated rhyming schemes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back