The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Looked through. Couldn't find a bar better than more fly than your zipper. Any other suggestions though?
I figured you couldn't. Dad jokes clearly hit harder for you than insightful and fresh social commentary. That's cool though. Just don't go pretending that it's some really clever and intelligent songwriting.

Eminem fans really love embarrassing themselves rather than just accepting there's plenty of valid reasons to not like Eminem.

Wow, Jeru the Damaja? You're like a hip-hop encyclopedia with such crazy knowledge of the underground!

You embarrassed yourself in the opening post. That's no mean feat. Maybe Stan just isn't your cup of tea, maybe your cups full of syrup and lean aye?
'Anyone who doesn't like Eminem must love all dem syrup and lean rappers!!!11!'

Cringe dude. You're sounding like Eminem here.

Maybe because that was an Eminem refefence. Eminem is just too intelligent for you bro, I get it dw. Stick to post malone.
No, you don't understand. I don't like Eminem because he writes s**t songs, not because I like artists like Post Malone. I know this is super hard for you to comprehend. You don't have to have a tantrum because I don't like an artist that you do. You can be an adult about this.

Anyway, won't derail the thread any further by feeding into the Eminem stan tantrum. Going to repost this killer album:

Pretty great support cast for Big Ghost Ltd's first solo release.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
No, you don't understand. I don't like Eminem because he writes s**t songs, not because I like artists like Post Malone. I know this is super hard for you to comprehend. You don't have to have a tantrum because I don't like an artist that you do. You can be an adult about this.
Because he writes s**t songs. He's only the best lyricist of all time, dw bro. You are a noob lol.

As a general rule, Eminem fans don't seem very willing to explore plenty of new school hip-hop, or the underground, so makes sense that they think he is releasing quality hip-hop, I guess.

You could make the same argument in reverse - too cool for mainstream hip hop heads dismissing Em cause it’s Em.

You could make the same argument in reverse - too cool for mainstream hip hop heads dismissing Em cause it’s Em.
Perhaps, yes, but that would apply more to SSLP and MMLP than his new material. I'll actively admit I don't care for Eminem's classic material, but I won't discredit it. Every case I've seen mounted against new Eminem has been pretty reasonable and well-substantiated. IMO he's been held back by this apparent need to excessively whinge about his critics, and even when he doesn't, he's hampered by a corny approach to his lyricism and song themes, and has overall struggled to adapt to new hip-hop trends. The one thing I will say is that on his new album, he takes a step in the right direction when it comes to said trends. I still think overall it is plagued by some of those issues, and doesn't know whether or not it wants to be a concept album, but if he continues to spend less time complaining about new school hip-hop, and more time embracing it, I think he will continue to move in the right direction action.

I don't think I'm blindly bashing him. I think large portions of his fanbase do blindly defend him though.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Eminem's flow will always be untouchable. The way the dude flows on Lock It Up with Anderson Paak is so ill. You can't teach that, coupled with the way he twists and bends his pronunciation of words. Nobody can take that away from him. Lightyears ahead of any other rapper. I can't get through a song without shaking my head in admirational disgust. Even Tony Fantano, his biggest YouTube critic acknowledges this and his writing in his review.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Speaking of bars I ******* miss the old Jus Allah from the early Jedi Mind Tricks days.
had some of the coldest & darkest bars that were out of this world. His verses on ‘I against I’ & ‘Sacrifice’ are legendary.
“the grains of my fingerprints rub against mics like match flints”

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Admittedly Eminem is a lyrical genius however I don’t find listening to him entertaining. But I can appreciate his talent. I haven’t enjoyed an Eminem album since his first release. Personally I prefer him as a hook man if anything. I like him on ‘s**t hits the fan’ which is a killer track.

The toughest bars? Hard to go past Shyne - Bad Boys & Eazy-E - Real MF’in G’s.

Recently I’m really enjoying listening to Dave East. Boy he can spit. Along with J Cole & K Dot he’s one of the more talented rappers of this new / current generation. Old Nipsey tracks were fire. RIP.

I can dig old / new, mainstream / underground. Love Metro Boomin as a producer. All of Without Warning is quality.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Any Freestylers around here?
im far from it myself, did have a lot of fun with mates getting blazed and attempting to spit some bars.

This beat goes hard as *

Back