Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot more that you would miss about Melbourne than ease of getting to the footy! We really are spoilt for choice in Melbs with food and entertainment options. Hobart has some really world class restaurants but the variety is no where near Melbourne. I didn't realise why everyone loved asian food so much until I moved up here. The quality of international cuisine in Tassie hasn't caught up yet. Also, if you like international music forget about seeing a live show in Tassie.

Another thing I enjoy about Melbourne is the night life and how friendly everyone is. Can actually go out at night here without people trying to fight me every time!! Also, the quality of DJs here :handok:

Tassie does have its advantages though. If you're an outdoorsy person there is always a hike or fishing spot nearby without the need to commute as far. And if youre a CBD worker the commute isnt as bad although the only public transport is the bus so youd have to drive.

And yes the real estate is cheaper in most places. But the small number of suburbs with growth potential are already getting up there (Sandy Bay, Battery Point, West Hobart, North Hobart)

Native Tassie (I too frequented places the good Dr used to without punchy), i've lived in Melb for 12 years and now have been in NYC for the last 2.25 years - gotta say, anyone who thinks Tassie is cold can eat a big ole bag of Willie Dicks...really. Mind you the nightlife here is completely off-chops compared to Melbourne (but i live right in the middle of Greenwich village).

I miss footy though.

Last week they had a huge training camp with navy seals. It was gruelling and the goal was creating mental resilience, they had less than two hours sleep in three days and did all sorts or physically and mentally challenging activities.

Any truth to the rumour that after the three sleepless nights they all just got in their car and drove home? Lucky we're not sponsored by the TAC.

I think the general consensus is Brisbane is a s**t hole and Melbourne is better :)

But I see what your saying
No place better than the Sunshine Coast. Except January and February. Humidity is out of control. Live in the pool or the beach for 2 months.
You would not find a more friendly place. Except Noosa where most people are a bunch of flogs and it's all people from Sydney and Melbourne so rude and arrogant

No place better than the Sunshine Coast. Except January and February. Humidity is out of control. Live in the pool or the beach for 2 months.
You would not find a more friendly place. Except Noosa where most people are a bunch of flogs and it's all people from Sydney and Melbourne so rude and arrogant

yep, been here on Sunny coast since 2010. Will stay till I retire then move up north a bit further :thumbsu:

p.s Fishing's not bad either ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunshine Coast is really nice. Ill give you that

Hahaha as one of those flogs even I've gotta give it to you. The missus's family go there together once a year, and I can't help but notice what pretentious flogs tend to gravitate to noosa from elsewhere...

That said, I like Brisbane as a place for about 8 months of the year, but the weather is far too hot for me. Oh yeah, and gold coast is a complete hole.

Hahaha as one of those flogs even I've gotta give it to you. The missus's family go there together once a year, and I can't help but notice what pretentious flogs tend to gravitate to noosa from elsewhere...

That said, I like Brisbane as a place for about 8 months of the year, but the weather is far too hot for me. Oh yeah, and gold coast is a complete hole.
Haha. Love the way we get call the scum of the South. Little do they know the beaches and the around kawana and Caloundra s**t all over Noosa. They are all to up themselves to head down here and see for themselves instead just believe what they hear.
Which suits me fine would want any of those flogs down this end anyway.

I love surfing up there every now and then. Drop in and snake everyone out there then turn around and give them a mouthfull for getting in your way

Haha. Love the way we get call the scum of the South. Little do they know the beaches and the around kawana and Caloundra s**t all over Noosa. They are all to up themselves to head down here and see for themselves instead just believe what they hear.
Which suits me fine would want any of those flogs down this end anyway.

I love surfing up there every now and then. Drop in and snake everyone out there then turn around and give them a mouthfull for getting in your way
Hahaha, i think what they want are the overpriced shops and such. The beach is more there for scenery or convenience from my experience. Whenever I'm there there are a million surfers, but it seems the surf is usually pretty average around that time of year.

Caloundra has a heartbeat and a soul. Noosa is a bit like gws. Soulless hole on life support all the time

I'm at Caloundra, still like a sleepy coastal town

Anybody happen to go down to the session today? Apparently it was one not to be missed!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=9f496ceb18267803be2708bd37cbc5b1-1483583885

Edit: AFL.com has done some reporting on todays session too
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-05/jack-viney-back-on-track-as-melbourne-returns-for-2017

Bit disconcerting what the second article says about Clarry. Should we start to worry yet, or is it a bit of a beat up? Anybody been to training and noticed Clarry lagging behind? I might head down to Gosch's one morning this week and see for myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back