Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Does anyone know when the intraclub will be? I'm guessing Friday given our preseason comp clash against the Dogs is on the 18th.
Regular training according to MFC site. Planning on going if its next week.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I don't disagree with that at all.
Sometimes the blokes that absolutely live and breathe footy don't quite connect with the guys who want to play but also have a life outside of it.
He'd be footy footy footy for sure
I reckon Gawn will be in the frame. As others have commented Goodbloke is about the perfect captain. He very rarely bakes his players he just leads by example. He also knows how to have a good time and never saw a pinger he didn't like the look of. I think Jack might be a bit to intense all the time. He's clearly the fiercest player on our list, no question, I'm just not sure he'd get the best out of all personality types.

I reckon Gawn will be in the frame. As others have commented Goodbloke is about the perfect captain. He very rarely bakes his players he just leads by example. He also knows how to have a good time and never saw a pinger he didn't like the look of. I think Jack might be a bit to intense all the time. He's clearly the fiercest player on our list, no question, I'm just not sure he'd get the best out of all personality types.
Yeah not a bad point.
I still think Jack is next in line but who knows.

Viney is absolutely the heir apparent, but he still has some learning to do I think. I've got faith he'll get there as a leader, he'd understand that not everyone is like him.
Let Jones captain this year and next year. then look at handing it over in 2019. Viney will be 24 going on 25 then, the p[erfect age for a new captain and hopefully at the top of his game

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Let Jones captain this year and next year. then look at handing it over in 2019. Viney will be 24 going on 25 then, the p[erfect age for a new captain and hopefully at the top of his game
Just on that point, Heppell is 24, and newly appointed Captain.

Seems like the right age for Viney.

I agree, although wouldn't be surprised if Viney got it next year.
True. I feel Jones is a very under rated captain though. Imo there is no reason to hand it over for 2 years

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Whats the obsession with finding the next captain? Viney had more down games this year than Jonesy has had in the last 4. Still needs to work on his own game first IMO

I was also there for a time ... I looked for Yakker ... but didn't see anyone wearing waders and carrying a flathead by the gills, so moved on.

I moved around a lot, making it difficult to take too much in, but the most notable thing was how hard they all trained, one of the last drills was some kind of fwd on def wrestle then lead for the ball, watching Watts and Garland go at it, they could hardly move to lead at it ... I liked that.

On top of those already mentioned, I like Hannan ... his speed and leap give him an interesting advantage.
Vanders was in a lot, including trying to break Flippers legs sliding into a contest, which Benny Matthews tore a strip off him for.
Speaking of Filopovic, get the kid a net ... couldn't get a mark in a German bank ... before they went to Euros ... ahh, he dropped a bunch of marks.
Watching the rehab group, not much rehab going on, they were getting smashed, particularly King, who Crossy was torturing ... got a nice set shot routine tho. Dom said he was feeling good, should be good for Round 1. Gus, Nev and Hibberd all looked strong in there, Spencer, Wagner and Kent had an early mark

Otherwise, I've been drinking and don't remember

Can still get a mark in the bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina I believe ;)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Focussing on what's really important, so long as we haven't got a captain with some crazy name like Jarryn or Dyson or whatever then that will be just dandy.

I'd never really given the name Jarryn any thought until he because captain of the Saints. Are lots of people called that?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Focussing on what's really important, so long as we haven't got a captain with some crazy name like Jarryn or Dyson or whatever then that will be just dandy.

I'd never really given the name Jarryn any thought until he because captain of the Saints. Are lots of people called that?
I googled "Jarryn" and the only thing on the first page of the search results that's not a reference to St. Kilda is a link to Urban Dictionary.

For the curious: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jarryn

Back