Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whohoo!

It's that time of year when I psyche myself to top-four certainty! (Then obviously change my mind after watching the first half of the intra-club which this year was a sort of rolling maul fiasco with Lynden Dunn shouting and Jayden Hunt taking off like lightening straight into every other player's midriff. Repeatedly.)

Anyway, I've been lurking the MFC site - and getting crabby over the silence - and finally find this:

Monday, November 7, Gosch's Paddock - 9.30am

So obviously this is the first look at new-look Melbourne, sans Dawes, Newton, Michie, King, Matt Jones, other person or people I have forgotten and already I'm pretty excited about watching an assembly of hangovers jogging recalcitrantly around a field and finding out which finger Bernie Vince has broken this year.

All we need is a set of eyes and ears as a scribe. Completely stinks that my full-time work requires some form of occasional attendance when there are so many important demon tasks over summer. Hey tasmanlvr - are you going to be able to whip us into a frenzy of excitement during preseason? (I know one of these days you are going to be up to your ears in reporting for some mega publication, but I'm hoping we have you for just a bit longer)

I can't imagine it would be a particularly large contingent given it will only be 1-4 year players, minus those who played finals for Casey.

Although, given how young our team is, it might be.
Hogan, Brayshaw, Trac, Hunt, Stretch as a start.

I can't imagine it would be a particularly large contingent given it will only be 1-4 year players, minus those who played finals for Casey.

Although, given how young our team is, it might be.
That's part of the excitement though - the way the suspense is built over training, you go watch the babies and then they add in the older guys as the pre-season progresses. Plus you get to see the dudes like Jones who go to every training session even if not strictly required because he is a total boss.

Stuff it. I'm considering getting in now with excuses for why I might not be in Monday (I need some sort of improvement on "going to watch training" so suggestions are welcome)

Hmm...

Hogan
Brayshaw
Trac
Hunt
Stretch
Hibberd (due to susp)
Melksham (due to susp)
Harmes
OMac
Frost
Wagner
vdB

I think that's it?

160416123808-04-japan-earth-quake-0416-super-169.jpg

That gave me movement ...

I wonder how "I can't make it in today, I'm in Melbourne to watch Day 1 of Preseason" would go over with my boss ...
That's quite a long trip for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today a blustery Spring Melbourne kinda day. We've got two seperate groups; those who are in the rehabilitation group and those into first day of full training. Looks like Billy Stretch has finally grown into a man and has put on size. So to the up and coming ruckman Mitch King. Light duties include run throughs with Melksham, Hibberd, JKH, Viney and Tommy Mac. Hibberds skills are to be admired. Great user of the pill. Hit every time with his kicking. AVB is doing laps and looks in ripping form. No Weidemen so he must be the gym or something. The rest from what I could see was goal kicking exercises withe main group.

Holy crap Stretch looks Big!! glad to see he has been putting in the hard work in the off season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back