Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think you'll find you just recruited him at 46 in the draft. As fast as Johanissen, highly evasive, same body type as Isaac, big tank, thumping left foot, scores goals, seems to fit the bill.

Wouldn't I love it if we did get a hold of a gun winger, haven't seen any of him myself wasn't he played as a deep forward at the dogs

He's my second favourite Maynard.

upload_2017-2-6_10-49-56.jpeg

???

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Does anyone know when the intraclub will be? I'm guessing Friday given our preseason comp clash against the Dogs is on the 18th.
I think they're still up here until midweek? So Friday would just about be their last chance .... would love it if they could realise its 2017 and live stream it.

He'd be one of those blokes who would not waste one single minute when at the club.
Every session an opportunity to get better.
While I reckon Jonesy has been and will continue to be a fantastic skipper, I reckon Viney will command the absolute best of his troops through fierce leadership and an attitude that you can't help but follow.
Would hate to be the bloke who pulls out of a contest while he is skipper!

Received an email flyer from the club inviting me to training at Olympic Park on Friday afternoon; no mention of intra-club. Are we really not having one this year? I enjoyed the day out at Casey last year...

While I reckon Jonesy has been and will continue to be a fantastic skipper, I reckon Viney will command the absolute best of his troops through fierce leadership and an attitude that you can't help but follow.
Would hate to be the bloke who pulls out of a contest while he is skipper!
I worry that he could be a bit like Buckley in that regard - some good and bad. Hopefully more of the good leadership than bad.

I worry that he could be a bit like Buckley in that regard - some good and bad. Hopefully more of the good leadership than bad.
Yeah I don't disagree with that at all.
Sometimes the blokes that absolutely live and breathe footy don't quite connect with the guys who want to play but also have a life outside of it.
He'd be footy footy footy for sure

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney is being groomed , all good . I understand the comparison with Buckley but he went to lions knowing he wanted to be elsewhere (magpies) I reckon the only way Jack will leave the MFC is on stretcher . Different mind set to start with. And what better role model could he have than Jones .

Viney is being groomed , all good . I understand the comparison with Buckley but he went to lions knowing he wanted to be elsewhere (magpies) I reckon the only way Jack will leave the MFC is on stretcher . Different mind set to start with. And what better role model could he have than Jones .
Pretty much exactly what I'm hoping too.

I just get a tinge of worry when there are reports like last year with the scuffle with TMac.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Pretty much exactly what I'm hoping too.

I just get a tinge of worry when there are reports like last year with the scuffle with TMac.
I am reliably informed that it was a scuffle filled with love

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Who cares if he is like Buckley, if the pies have an amazing last quarter in 02 then Buckley Is a premiership player and no one doubts his captaincy methods ..
Buckley the coach isn't great but he and malthouse nearly dragged a bloody average side over the line against the best paper on side I have ever seen

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great reporting from QLD. Love the photos too.

Re the debate about the wing position - I think we'll go with a heavy rotation unless there's a particular player we want to tag.

I'd expect Lewis, Stretch and Melksham to start the year as the 3 guys most used with Bugg next in line and Harmes an option. Then a couple of half forwards - maybe Brayshaw and Kent (or his replacement) to do a bit of time there, with Stretch playing forward. And similarly any of Salem, Vince or Hunt from the half backs could swap up to a wing whilst Lewis or Melksham go back or on ball.

Fitness is probably the most important thing for a wingman and that's why Lewis has been trimmed up and is doing a lot of km's. Speed is important, but the half forwards and half backs can share that responsibility and Lewis can contribute by kicking it not running it.

Hannan's an interesting prospect as a wingman. But I think he'll start back after surgery as a forward. He's talked about building his fitness and playing forward with rotations on to a wing.

Back