Society/Culture The housing issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we just move the white people bad aboriginal people good to all the other threads we already have for it?

The housing issue can be solved quite quickly. Everyone who says happy Australia day gets deported. They are after all celebrating the invasion and genocide of the sovereign owners. Not really the type of people you want your daughter to marry.

Plenty of houses for everyone bruf...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having lived in Seoul and London (currently) for extended periods I guess the main thing I see re housing in a city like Melbourne is the absolute unwillingness of Aussies (and families) to live in smaller flats/apartments etc.

They're obviously very different cities (greater Seoul has the population of Australia ffs) but the kind of high density living that billions in Asia and Europe deal with quite comfortably just won't fly in Australia. There are obviously broader cultural tendencies feeding into the current pickle Melbourne et al are in, and yet I never see any discussion around the issue. Throw in the absolute unwillingness of politicians past to spend on PT infrastructure, it ain't a very good mix, imo.

Having lived in Seoul and London (currently) for extended periods I guess the main thing I see re housing in a city like Melbourne is the absolute unwillingness of Aussies (and families) to live in smaller flats/apartments etc.

They're obviously very different cities (greater Seoul has the population of Australia ffs) but the kind of high density living that billions in Asia and Europe deal with quite comfortably just won't fly in Australia. There are obviously broader cultural tendencies feeding into the current pickle Melbourne et al are in, and yet I never see any discussion around the issue. Throw in the absolute unwillingness of politicians past to spend on PT infrastructure, it ain't a very good mix, imo.
Australia has lots of land. There is no need to live in cramped apartments.

Fair enough. I'm just musing on the poor fecker sitting in his car for 10+ hours a week just to get to and from work.
We need to organise our cities better and not have all the main commercial/financial area in the same suburb. Hopefully the whole work from home concept will take off soon which will mean people will move out to the country.

We need to organise our cities better and not have all the main commercial/financial area in the same suburb. Hopefully the whole work from home concept will take off soon which will mean people will move out to the country.

Agree completely. I honestly worry for the way Melbourne is headed in terms of traffic, sprawl, infrastructure etc.

Hopefully the whole work from home concept will take off soon which will mean people will move out to the country.
Do you know what happens when city rats like you move out to the country? They have NFI about the country and cause endless amounts of s**t with their wining.

That is pretty standard for anyone in suburban Melbourne. Anyone in suburban Sydney would kill for a one hour commute each way.

You gotta shake your head when you see the ways cities can function.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back