Toast The Huddle

Remove this Banner Ad

MaccaRoo

All Australian
Dec 16, 2008
Ardeer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lucky enough to have a meeting with the people running The Huddle down at Aegis Park on Monday, my employer is looking at partnering with them in the near future. It really is a great community centre and you can tell by speaking to these guys that they genuinely care for the local community.

Funny story - There is a wall in The Huddle full of little sheets of paper with "My special place is..." and kids have been asked to complete the sentence. Some of the responses are really deep like "in my mind" or "in a dark quiet room".....others wrote things like "my bedroom" or "with my family" but while casting an eye over the hundreds of responses I came across one that caused me to burst out laughing (much to the shock of my non AFL supporting manager who was trying to be all serious).

The paper read "My special place is.....Nar Nar Goon"

You guessed it:

982759-lachlan-hansen.jpg

If you have a chance you really should pop your head in and have a look at what they do and if you have anything to offer ie volunteering then I urge everyone to get involved, couldn't be more proud of my club and this initiative.

Cannot speak highly enough about The Huddle.

Trying to find excuses at work that would necessitate me going down there in some sort of official capacity for a meeting. Haven't come up with one yet, but i'm close!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an African Festival on at Federation Square yesterday. Working down by the Yarra, whenever there are festivals on upstairs I try to take advantage of the food stalls. I went up to grab some lunch & noticed there was a little North Melbourne stand handing out ‘Future Roos’ drink bottles & backpacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back