Toast The humble pie thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodwin - He can actually coach and has the players willing to do anything for him
Hibberd - I'm glad this little piggy didn't stay at home
Milkshake - FMD, Goodwin is a genius
Kent - Pity he's always injured
O.McDonald - Turning into a very good player
David Misson - Sorry for doubting you, our fitness over 4 quarters is now elite
Glen McGraph - First time he played for Australia I said to my old man then he'd never play again
Fiji - Food is still shiite but great beaches
All you can eat Japanese restaurants - It shouldn't work but it does

ANB for me last year thought he was very average in reality he's only played 50 odd games and has made more of a natural improvement rather than having an instant impact straight away like an Oliver or Brayshaw. Just shows you need a bit of patients with some players.

It's funny how out of form players often look slower in not only decision making but in leg speed and agility aswell.

Brayshaw is the main one for me. He couldn't cover the ground, couldn't get around tackles and looked lost (AVB + Harmes for others). Bit of confidence and now he's a ball magnet who charges through stoppages with such power.

The weid is another, weid always looked like he had good physical attributes but I didn't trust our development. He played as a good a final as a 21 year old key forward could who isn't Buddy.

Reckon I said Omac would be delisted at one stage, still don't think he's as good as others do and I always preferred frost but there's another one.

Players I'd love to add to this list

-Hogan
-Tyson

Was definitely burnt with persistent calls for Harmes to be dropped earlier in the year when we were trying to play him in the ruck.

Thank god I am not a coach, just shows what persistence and a bit of confidence from the coach can do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted Pedersen instead of Weid three weeks ago. Happy to be proven wrong (still love you though Cam...)
I love his enthusiasm for the club when he's not playing. I think it was the alice spring's game he was congratulating the players after they came off and again in the elimination final. He probably knows his time is up but still stays up beat.

I love his enthusiasm for the club when he's not playing. I think it was the alice spring's game he was congratulating the players after they came off and again in the elimination final. He probably knows his time is up but still stays up beat.

If you watch the players coming off the ground on Friday night he was in the race giving them high fives with massive smile on his face. <3 Pedo

How far back do we want to go?

- Many many moons ago i said Jetta was a dud, the nerve of me, blasphemes, been my fav player for probably 5 years now.

- Yea, Melk also, was filthy when the club traded a second rounder for him, thought he was terrible ,then we found out he'd sit out the year i was absolutely ropable.

ANB and Harmes - pretty sure I wanted them both dropped at some point in the first half dozen games. Persistence has paid massive dividends.

Viney - thought he was being rushed back for finals and would either be off his game or end up injured again. Instead he was a total wrecking ball.

AVB - honestly didn't think he would even get back on the park again. Then after his first game back I thought he looked too slow to be particularly useful. Glad to have him back and crunching guys.

I melted hard after the Geelong and Sydney losses, that old veil of negativity, club will always be a laughing stock etc.

Safe to say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Been said here, but I reckon the final siren on friday night, a collective blowing off of steam from many a Melbourne supporter, been a long hard road, felt so damn good.

Not enough in here. Plenty of people happy to clip opinions but hide when its then turn.
It’s midday on a Sunday in Australia. Crazy notion perhaps, but I think there may be a few people enjoying their weekend, shopping, hanging out washing etc at the moment, as opposed to hanging over an Internet forum waiting for the opportunity to confess something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back