Mega Thread The hunt for a new senior coach

Who will be coaching Port Adelaide in 2013? (3rd Poll)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the flipside of people outside of Port Adelaide having literally no clue as to what's gone on over the past 5-6 years.

Williams is just as culpable for our current problems as any.
If the club did this, might as well shut the doors now. Would be the most stupid appointment in the history of stupid appointments. Talk about reversing backwards over a cliff. These media types in Victoria that bring these things up, which on the couch did also, proves how clueless they are.

Eade or Burns would be massive recruit by your club.

Eade does command respect and would know how to get the job with limited resources as was the case with the Bullies.

Crows had Burns as their 2nd selection and at the time was viewed by many fans as their pick of the bunch. Would Port though want Adelaide's sloppy seconds?

I just think Eade is the way to go, experienced and has the ability to make the team a finals contender. Tried and proven and still in the system!

Would Port consider doing a Freo and steal a coach from another club?

Imagine if they grabbed Sando from Adelaide, it would give a whole new meaning to Showdowns lol. This state would never be the same again if it happened.

In all seriousness though, what about a Hardwick? The other Scott?

I think eade would be a great get.

People keep saying that he won't win us a grand final. I think that he has just been unlucky not to reach a gf having played in many prelims.

I think he will feel that he will have some unfinished business and if we want him, we will get him

I think eade would be a great get.

People keep saying that he won't win us a grand final. I think that he has just been unlucky not to reach a gf having played in many prelims.

I think he will feel that he will have some unfinished business and if we want him, we will get him

In fairness to Eade the teams that beat (Cats and Saints) the Bullies, were just simply much better teams than the Bullies could put out on the field. Would not have mattered who coached them!

Port needs someone who is professional and who commands respect from Day 1.

Eade does that. Burns needs to earn it.

I still think the Crows were very lucky to have got it right with Sando, in our short history we made probably one bad selection and that was Shaw. The rest did produce descent teams that were finals contenders. Port would be taking a massive gamble taking on an inexperienced coach, can they afford to take such a risk again?

If Eade fails (actually he will fail, most coaches do fail and get sacked, few retire) supporters will not be as hard on the Club as opposed to an unproven or novice coach.

Take 2 on the poll with all leading 'contenders' listed
Place your votes and if you choose other please list who you think and why.

My Odds id have
Buddha $5
Rocket $7
Burns $7.5
Hinkley $10
Rehn $12
Bassett $15
Goodwin $21
Cameron $21
Bickley $31
Choco $35
Roos $41
Jarman $51

Sorry, but can we please merge all these possible coach threads into one. It's kind of annoying to be holding identical conversations in multiple threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why the odds on Eade are so good? Insider knowledge? Money bet? Bookmaker's guess?

i think its just an all in bet at the moment i mean they have choco at $16 and the highest is only around $50 so $4.50 is pretty piss poor for Rocket

People keep saying that he won't win us a grand final.

Just on this, and same with Ayres, this shouldn't even be a factor to be brutally honest.

In my opinion, what this club needs is an entire overhaul of playing, coaching, recruiting, training and developmental philosophy.

Guys like Carlile, Westhoff, Pearce, Chaplin, Hartlett, Trengove, Butcher, Gray and Boak who three to five years ago were rightly being lauded as genuine pavers on the road to a sustained era of challenging have to be completely overhauled in terms of the way they're prepared, the way they're taught, the way they're instructed and have instilled in them a sustained minimum level of what's expected that with the exception of Chaplin circa 03/04 they hitherto have not experienced in their entire AFL lives.

Is a man like Scott Burns or Leon Cameron capable of this monumental task which could foreseeably come with the consequence of career burnout in 3-5 years' time with a head of grey hair and only a highwater mark of a 9-10 win season to show for it?

Or is it one last crack for Rodney Eade or Gary Ayres to come in, strip the egos and bad IP from top to bottom and start again with the experience gleaned from doing exactly that with the Bulldogs' rise from the Rohde wasteland at the end of 2004 and Crows' renewal from the smoking wasteland left by Blight at the end of 1999, respectively? To have the cajones and the CV to look each one of the useless ***** under him in the eye with a 'my way or the highway' reprogramming mission that will at worst leave us in the middle of the peloton with a world-standard bike to ride and the promise of a second wind for the next torch-bearer?

Bottom line, this isn't a hire with an eye to a flag.

This is a hire to repair the very culture and standards of a football club that has eaten itself alive and quite genuinely has no idea what it's doing or where it's going.

I'd like to see Roos, with Primus his assistant. Actually teach him how to coach properly, let him take over again in 4 years time.

i think its just an all in bet at the moment i mean they have choco at $16 and the highest is only around $50 so $4.50 is pretty piss poor for Rocket

The field's potentially bigger than the Melbourne Cup, we have no money and Eade has a cushy job at the biggest club in the country. $4.50 is about right on balance given you'll have 5000 numpties putting their dole money on Williams at that price.

What im looking for over the next month is how the players respond to Buddah as well as the game plan if these 2 are a success Buddah should be the front runner to take the job, whether this is a mistake or not is still to be known and the fate is in his hands as to whether he puts his hand up for the job at seasons end or whether the board opts for a bigger name coach

How did Ayres miss the cut again?

The field's potentially bigger than the Melbourne Cup, we have no money and Eade has a cushy job at the biggest club in the country. $4.50 is about right on balance given you'll have 5000 numpties putting their dole money on Williams at that price.

Yeh im looking at the sportsbet odds and was very surprised to see the odds considering Eade is sitting pretty at Collingwood and Choco essentially coaching GWS, then i see Buddah paying $10 and thinking he's the one with the most chance and id rather consider Buddah than an untried Burns or Cameron

What im looking for over the next month is how the players respond to Buddah as well as the game plan if these 2 are a success Buddah should be the front runner to take the job, whether this is a mistake or not is still to be known and the fate is in his hands as to whether he puts his hand up for the job at seasons end or whether the board opts for a bigger name coach

He could fluke 4 wins out of 4 and we still shouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back