Opinion The hypothetical

Remove this Banner Ad

DeesFan

All Australian
Sep 4, 2009
TBA - Just sold house
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have had many heated conversations with friends over the what if Sydney passed on Heeney @ pick 2 who would we have picked up at 3.

I still think we would have gone for Brayshaw over Petracca..

I feel Petracca = Scully and Brayshaw = Trengrove - Worries me when a kid is offered a extension to the two years they get for being picked up in the draft and knocking it back (even thou they are out for a year).

Only Scully & Petracca have knocked it back (in last few drafts) .. Both Brayshaw and Salem (and Trengrove) have jumped at it and showed commitment ..

The second fight was over Howe ... I suggest we would struggle to get a pick under 20 for him, the only way we would do well is to trade a first round & Howe for a GWS player of our pick (we would do well if we also got a second round pick but unlickely)

Thoughts?

Howe takes nice hangers but I'm not sure if he wins you many games. His kicking out of the backline is s**t and he is not the most accountable defender. Definite trade bait for GWS who he might help sell some memberships.

Did Petracca knock back a contract extension?

If Howe is seriously being offered 650k a year by multiple clubs then we'll get some pretty decent offers.

650k? Can't be true. Why pay him that when you can go out and buy 20 of the cars he wins for mark of the year for that much.

I feel Petracca = Scully and Brayshaw = Trengrove - Worries me when a kid is offered a extension to the two years they get for being picked up in the draft and knocking it back (even thou they are out for a year).
Doesn't especially worry me. The $$ he would've been offered for an extension now with an injured knee would be * all, when he could wait to come back next year, play some good footy and potentially get more. The offer he would've received now would be the bottom offer, it won't be any lower than that. So I see no issue with that. Will largely be his manager. In no way suggests anything untoward.

With the loss of Clark and chip we have over 1 million dollars too spend on a player/players. Who would you pick and why?

IMO trellor proven he can shake a tag and a midfield with jones tyson brayshaw petracca and trellor we would **** s**t up
How would you like us to get the best young midfielder in the competition besides Fyfe, exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe+ Watts+ First Rounder+ like a 5th rounder for trellor and like 40

Drop the first rounder and it is more realistic.

I think we HAVE to target a midfielder from GWS or GC. Where is Prestia at? Mad Dees fan growing up, and with all the s**T going on up there, might be wanting a return home.

Would also give up Watts and Howe for Treloar, Whitfield, Shiel or Greene. Surely they cannot keep all of them! They will all have their hands out soon enough looking for big coin.

Is Sam Reid capable in the ruck? Looks like he doesn't have a position up in Sydney, and could slot in nicely into a forward/ruck role? Charlie Dixon? Matthew Lueunberger? I know he's injury prone, but he's capable of playing a forward role as well as rucking.

I feel if we can land another gun mid and also a decent ruck, our list will be looking more than ok.

Petracca apparently knocked the contract back before he did his knee. I wouldn't worry too much about it, to be honest we aren't the most attractive proposition still, but if we keep improving we will have no issues keeping players.

I do think we will chase a quality mid again though, as above Prestia would be a good target, would have to give up a lot though.

Petracca apparently knocked the contract back before he did his knee. I wouldn't worry too much about it, to be honest we aren't the most attractive proposition still, but if we keep improving we will have no issues keeping players.

I do think we will chase a quality mid again though, as above Prestia would be a good target, would have to give up a lot though.

Has this actually been reported anywhere? Has caravan guy confirmed it?

* next year. We sort out Judy and Howe this year.
2016 FA we only have Dunn out of contract. That is the year to strike.

**** next year. We sort out Judy and Howe this year.
2016 FA we only have Dunn out of contract. That is the year to strike.

Yeah, but on the flip side, getting a gun in sooner means we can front end his contract before the likes of Hogan, Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem, Tyson, McDonald, etc start warranting sizeable portions of our salary cap.

Zac Clarke is out of contract at the end of the year but with the retirement of Sandilands eminent it looks like he may stay... but he is from Melbourne and could come home what would you do to bring Zac in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back