Competitions The "I believe in miracles too" Goal Kicking Game

Remove this Banner Ad

It has reminded me of a competition loophole that I've been meaning to close off.

Posters who have an Immunity Card and then forget to put a tip in go through to the next round.

But now they have selected one fewer goal kicker than everyone else so have more players to pick from.

I had been meaning to put a bylaw in there that says in the case of that happening, they are allocated the player with the lowest guernsey number who didn't kick a goal. Just to keep things even.

But for now things stand as they are

Can someone please remind me to add this when the next one starts?

Last edited:

Can SugarShane join Crouch as a two-time winner of this competition?

Or will we get a first timer out of skam85, Milera2Betts or, at long odds, Godallblighty?

Amazingly the other competition (the Lock of the Week) is also down to 4 participants and even more amazingly I am one of them.

Which comp will finish first? If the Crows keep getting 13 F50 entries in a half of football I'm tipping the goals will dry up first.

Can SugarShane join Crouch as a two-time winner of this competition?

Or will we get a first timer out of skam85, Milera2Betts or, at long odds, Godallblighty?

Amazingly the other competition (the Lock of the Week) is also down to 4 participants and even more amazingly I am one of them.

Which comp will finish first? If the Crows keep getting 13 F50 entries in a half of football I'm tipping the goals will dry up first.

2019 is a success if I can bring home a Lock and Goal trophy

2019 is a success if I can bring home a Lock and Goal trophy
Would be unprecedented!

The Grand Slam of BigFooty

And stay tuned for an exciting new third game starting soon!

It has reminded me of a competition loophole that I've been meaning to close off.

Posters who have an Immunity Card and then forget to put a tip in go through to the next round.

But now they have selected one fewer goal kicker than everyone else so have more players to pick from.

I had been meaning to put a bylaw in there that says in the case of that happening, they are allocated the player with the lowest guernsey number who didn't kick a goal. Just to keep things even.

But for now things stand as they are

Can someone please remind me to add this when the next one starts?
Eliminate the Immunity Card...Simply Oh and please dont forget to make a change to the immunity card

Godallblighty - Stengle (Atkins *IC*, Gallucci, Betts, Jenkins, Tex, Murphy)

skam85 - Seedsman (Greenwood, B.Crouch*, Sloane, Jenkins, Tex, Betts)
Milera2Betts - Seedsman (Immunity Card, Greenwood, Jenkins, Walker, Betts, Himmelberg)

SugarShane - Greenwood (Sloane*, Himmelberg, Walker, Jenkins, Murphy, Betts)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milera2Betts - Seedsman (Immunity Card, Greenwood, Jenkins, Walker, Betts, Himmelberg)

Participants halved!

Stengle and Greenwood goal, Seedsman doesn't.

SugarShane and Godallblighty will fight it out on Friday night.

Farewell to skam85 and Milera2Betts

Round 17 Results

Goal kickers - Betts 6, Jenkins 4, Walker 3, Stengle 3, Murphy 2, Greenwood 1, M Crouch 1, O'Brien 1, Milera 1, Brown 1

Participant Tracker
Round 9 - 32
Round 10 - 17
Round 11 - 15
Round 12 - 13
Round 13 - 9
Round 15 - 8
Round 16 - 6
Round 17 - 4
Round 18 - 2

Well, well, well... that has certainly thrown a cat amongst the pigeons.

Both tipsters are through but SugarShane gains an invaluable Immunity Card thanks to Tom Lynch scoring the first goal of the game. Was the only thing that went right for t shirt Tommy all game sadly.

Godallblighty had to wait three and a half quarters (plus a ludicrous disallowed mark) but squeaked through.

So in the words of Steven Gerrard... we go again.

Well, well, well... that has certainly thrown a cat amongst the pigeons.

Both tipsters are through but SugarShane gains an invaluable Immunity Card thanks to Tom Lynch scoring the first goal of the game. Was the only thing that went right for t shirt Tommy all game sadly.

Godallblighty had to wait three and a half quarters (plus a ludicrous disallowed mark) but squeaked through.

So in the words of Steven Gerrard... we go again.
Wowee. I feel pretty safe now. I feel like I'm 3 goals up at half time.

Round 18 Results

Goal kickers - Jenkins 4, Smith 3, Lynch 1, Greenwood 1, Walker 1

SugarShane - Lynch (Greenwood, Sloane*, Himmelberg, Walker, Jenkins, Murphy, Betts) + IMMUNITY CARD

Godallblighty - Greenwood (Stengle, Atkins*, Gallucci, Betts, Jenkins, Tex, Murphy)

Only five goal kickers in a pretty toothless display by the Crows. A good effort by our two combatants to get through. The cream has certainly risen.

Surely we'll pile a few more goals on this week?

SugarShane who is a bit of a pro at these BigFooty games has snaffled an Immunity Card which is handy at any time but priceless now with options drying up fast and the team seemingly playing worse every week.

Watching Lynch snap that first goal, Godallblighty would have known exactly how Kane Williamson felt when that throw ricochet for overthrows. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back