The 'I Love Bev...BUT' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re forgetting BEaston, we won games when he didn’t play so he’s no good down back 🤪
You can't deny our backline played better and the side played better when he wasn't there. The side winning is more important than individual stats. Maybe they try and use him too much when in the side?
I not saying get rid of him, I just don't like him in the backline and I'm not the only poster who feels this way.

You can't deny our backline played better and the side played better when he wasn't there. The side winning is more important than individual stats. Maybe they try and use him too much when in the side?
I not saying get rid of him, I just don't like him in the backline and I'm not the only poster who feels this way.

Yeah, I don’t agree. IMO Our most impressive wins last year were Swans, Hawks, Tigers and GWS. Daniel played in 3 of those and was near best on in 2.
He also played in 3 of our wins post Rd13 and was best on in our loss against the Pies in Rd14 which if it wasn’t for our sloppy inside 50’s and inaccurate goal kicking we would’ve won by 6 goals.
The games he missed in the back half which we won were Essendon (outstanding game by all), Melb, Geelong and port. (not including the Port game though as conditions meant both teams transitioning was horse s**t and irrelevant to both our arguments).
There’s absolutely no way I’d put my name to the Daniel out = Dogs better theory based on what I’ve just gone through.
Seems bizarre for anyone to do so actually.

Edit: GWS in those back end games also.

Last edited:
I think he was hoping a few of the younger guys would step up and make it hard for a few of the bad boys to get back into the side and after 2 games it isn't going to work.

I don't think our list is a good as people think it is, I think on paper we are 8-12 on the ladder team but being one of the youngest list people always think the potential and improvement is automatic and happens overnight.

On field there appears to be zero leadership, I love the Bont and hope he never ever leaves but I havn't seen anything so far that has convinced me he can be a long term captain for the club and have the same effect a Nick Riewoldt or Luke Hodge had at their clubs.

Not content with winning it from 7th, Bev's after from last. He's factored in 11 teams coming down with the Virus just before the Finals. If that doesn't come off, he'll fall back on plan B, Hey Yanks, I have this Bridge currently across the Thames that you might be interested in buying.

r

2015: 6th, 2016: 7th, 2017: 10th, 2018: 13th, 2019: 7th. No other coach has won a flag from that position since the advent of the
top eight system during the 1994 season and who knows if it will ever happen again.

When you see what a difference it makes when we play with gifted natural footballers you can only wonder what was going on in the early parts of seasons 2019 & 2020. Keep it Simple Smart bloke.

Yet again the non-selection of a couple of "locks" (McLean and Cordy) has turned into them playing some of the best footy of their careers.
The man isn't perfect but so many times his head scratchers have seemingly turned out to be the right move.
Bevo has done this from day one
He challenges proven players with non selection and creates competitiveness
Wallis comes to mind
He was on the outer for a while and now he’s playing really good footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Bevo

Get a plan B

Get a new match selection committee

Get rid of your assistants Hardwick 2016 style, how many have been with you for how long? Get some new ideas and change it up, we have peaked with the current formula, it is midtable at best and is just a smattering of inconsistency. The better teams are pulling us apart every week.

We have a decent group of players that are absolutely wasted in this current formula and not cohering together as a unit.

We need change, if change is not an option then sorry mate you'll have to go to.

Dear Bevo

Get a plan B

Get a new match selection committee

Get rid of your assistants Hardwick 2016 style, how many have been with you for how long? Get some new ideas and change it up, we have peaked with the current formula, it is midtable at best and is just a smattering of inconsistency. The better teams are pulling us apart every week.

We have a decent group of players that are absolutely wasted in this current formula and not cohering together as a unit.

We need change, if change is not an option then sorry mate you'll have to go to.

The title should start with dear Peter Gordon Sam Power Chris Grant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back