Roast The "I Was Wrong" Self-Reporting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Granting wishes left, right and centre at the moment :rainbow:

When did you really get it wrong about a player/the club?

Some self-reports from recent times:
  • I was pro the Grundy move considering the lack of KPFs available on the market at the time.
  • I was very against the Jackson pick. Obviously doesn't play for us now, but we nailed that selection.
  • I thought Fraser Rosman was going to be a gun when we picked him (don't know what I was actually basing that off in retrospect, I hardly saw him play).
  • I thought that Mitch Hannan would turn into a regular 40 goal per year forward.
I'm sure I'll think of plenty more over time.

Already put my hand up for Howes. Very reminiscent of Petty.

I do love writing someone off after their first game

homer simpson flowers GIF

Things I was wrong on:
  • didn't think Goodwin was a premiership calibre coach.
  • Early stages but I think I was wrong on Kynan Brown. Has much more zip than I thought and his kicking is better than advertised.
  • I thought Addam Maric was going to be Jamie Elliott level.
  • I thought Laurie was going to be better than Bowey.
  • I thought Weideman was going to be the next Roo.
  • Not looking too good with Jefferson thus far. He is much more Beta than I thought.
  • I was high on Luke Tapscott. I still couldn't tell anyone why he didn't make the grade.

I think I've been pretty bang on predicting s**t players. Although I think I wrote Gus off after his second season.

Mostly wrong on who I thought would be good.
Dean Kent and Luke Tapscott sucked me in the pricks.

Things I was wrong on:
  • didn't think Goodwin was a premiership calibre coach.
  • Early stages but I think I was wrong on Kynan Brown. Has much more zip than I thought and his kicking is better than advertised.
  • I thought Addam Maric was going to be Jamie Elliott level.
  • I thought Laurie was going to be better than Bowey.
  • I thought Weideman was going to be the next Roo.
  • Not looking too good with Jefferson thus far. He is much more Beta than I thought.
  • I was high on Luke Tapscott. I still couldn't tell anyone why he didn't make the grade.
You should probably take the L on Sparrow now while you're here 😛

Actually I thought Sparrow was good early
What a ******* I was
I think everyone thought he was going to go on with it after the 2021 finals series and why wouldn't you. Bit different thinking he'd be good back then than now.

This is an absolute belter. Can't remember how much of it was in jest.

With love, I nicknamed him “s**t Dusty” earlier this season when he began a bizarre overuse of ineffective don’t argues.

Keeps this up, and I’m calling Dusty “s**t Harmes.”

#Brownlow2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• I was extremely bullish on Bailey Laurie. I still hope he proves me wrong but I'm not seeing what I hoped I would.
  • Thought Blake Howes was another Fraser Rosman (looks nice, won't make it), and he's started much better than I expected.

I think I've been pretty bang on predicting s**t players. Although I think I wrote Gus off after his second season.

Mostly wrong on who I thought would be good.
Dean Kent and Luke Tapscott sucked me in the pricks.
Me too for Kent and Tapscott, but their capability had a fair bit to do with injury rather than you being wrong - especially Tapscott

Thought recruiting May and Lever was crap and that we needed to focus on targeting decent forward options, those trades set up our backline and snagged us a flag.

Also thought Grimes and Trengove co-captains was a good move..

I was definitely wrong about Weiderman. After that finals series I really thought he would be good for us . Wrong . I’m sure there are other statements but being old I claim amnesia card . 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back