Roast The "I Was Wrong" Self-Reporting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Windsor and Jayden Hunt are Sam Blease 2.0 and 3.0
Lol it does make sense why people are so scarred seeing a player based on pase at Melbourne.

Funniest part is Bedford who was the shittest rated of them all is now actually good.

It's actually quite impressive how many misses we had with the 67,000 first round picks we had over that era.
Have said it before but imagine the damage Jason Taylor could have done with those picks. Tanking was a fine plan, we just needed someone who could pick players better than a chimp in charge

Have said it before but imagine the damage Jason Taylor could have done with those picks. Tanking was a fine plan, we just needed someone who could pick players better than a chimp in charge
Remember all the "Who they could have picked" articles from 2013 just to rub salt in the wound.

Imagine how many key forwards we could have had with danster in charge you fool!
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Two absolute rippers:

Oh man that Freo game was infuriating. We started really well with like a 6 goal quarter to zip, and after that Freo just wittled down the score until it was level at 3QT and they went on to win it by 5 goals.

I think I was probably seduced by a Blease under 18's highlights package when I was high on him pre draft, back then we didnt have guys uploading multiple games with all their possessions to YouTube. You either watched the championships games yourself on Fox or you got given a highlights package by the AFL that cut out all the bad stuff. Blease's best and worst could be the biggest gap of any player all time.

Yep. I always remember people bagged our development (Which was actually s**t) but then these guys would go to another club and be just as bad as they were with us.

Yep. I always remember people bagged our development (Which was actually s**t) but then these guys would go to another club and be just as bad as they were with us.
It's a bit of both. Guys like Strauss, Blease, Gysberts etc were always going to be s**t but then you've got Trenners, Morton, Grimes etc who seemed to start really strongly only to have their careers completely derailed.

It's a bit of both. Guys like Strauss, Blease, Gysberts etc were always going to be s**t but then you've got Trenners, Morton, Grimes etc who seemed to start really strongly only to have their careers completely derailed.

I agree we ruined some careers but we definitely had a terrible strike rate with picks too. Tbf I think Trengove was killed by injury more than development, but we did stuff up Grimes very badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we ruined some careers but we definitely had a terrible strike rate with picks too. Tbf I think Trengove was killed by injury more than development, but we did stuff up Grimes very badly.
Trenners was killed by injury because we played him for a whole season with an ongoing foot injury.

Grimes was brave and a good leader by boy gee did he torch the ball coming out of defence. His whole career was just weird. Club captain for 3 years. Delisted only 2 years after being captain at only 27 after only 100 games.

Grimes would have dominated with modern defensive zones. Read the ball beautifully in flight. He's pretty much a slightly shorter Lever.
He's one of the great mysteries for me. Forgot he existed tbh but then when he started as a hbf he was a gun and I thought he was gonna be AA. Moving him to the middle it's like he forgot how to footy.

He's one of the great mysteries for me. Forgot he existed tbh but then when he started as a hbf he was a gun and I thought he was gonna be AA. Moving him to the middle it's like he forgot how to footy.

Agreed. And I remember lolling at Richmond drafting his gangly, unco younger brother ... who has gone on to a much better career 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could have been a similar player to Vlastuin - who was also a mid as a junior I think.

Grimes was just so good defensively. Played some ripping games on gun forwards and intercepted at will before it was cool and when most defenders were just spoiling it to the boundary.

Great mark running back with the flight or coming across the side of a pack to outmark taller opponents who he just judged it better than. Also a natural leader which was probably his undoing - being made skipper of that basket case of a side broke him.

Yeah he used to kick it OOB a lot coming out of defence, but imagine playing in that Melbourne team and defending for 90% of the game then looking up and Dawesy or Fitzpatrick were calling it for on their head. Nightmare fuel stuff. He was always trying to pick the eyes out of every kick because we never had anything on.

oh there’s one!
I was wrong about jordan gysberts. I saw channel seven put up some shitty infographic comparing his first three games to chris judd and i fell for it hook line and sinker.

Still thought he’d win a brownlow at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back