Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wrong in backing the clubs decision to stand firm on trading Moloney instead of tenace.
I actually had zero idea who was going to be better. But I just thought "oh the club must know what they're doing".

At half-time in the NM game early 2007 the TV showed Woofer in the crowd, and I suggested to my brother that they should take him down to the rooms and announce him as the new coach, effective immediately.

I assume you were joking? :D Would have made great entertainment - could have brought back Zig and Zag!!

I thought Josh Walker would of kicked on,might have lead with the heart there and not the head.:(
And in the really really early days when Mitch Brown was kicking bags in the VFL I was on the bandwagon. :straining:
Me too! Saw him play a blinder in the twos before he broke his leg - including towelling Anthony Rocca – and thought he'd be something special.

However, as with all my player prognostications that go awry, they are mitigated by me being in sync with Stephen Wells. :p

Need a week to think it through but 3 belters come to mind.
  • I made a bet with my girlfriend at the time the Steven King would be a multiple brownlow medallist. I was drunk at the time.
  • I thought Hamish Simpson would be our fullback of the 00's. Some guy who only got a game because of his father stole it off him.
  • I thought David Innella was going to be a star. I'm still waiting for him to play a game.

I thought Josh Walker would of kicked on,might have lead with the heart there and not the head.:(
And in the really really early days when Mitch Brown was kicking bags in the VFL I was on the bandwagon. :straining:

Didn't think Walker had the talent, credit to him for getting a regular senior gig at Brisbane.

Thought Brown always had the talent, and should have been persevered with much more. Like Walker via a different path, credit to him for getting back in and now getting a regular senior gig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously I thought Blease would have an impact for us last year

I thought Blitz needed to spend a lot of time last year in the 2s to develop his game :oops:

I thought HMac was a good calculated risk...

Need a week to think it through but 3 belters come to mind.
  • I made a bet with my girlfriend at the time the Steven King would be a multiple brownlow medallist. I was drunk at the time.
  • I thought Hamish Simpson would be our fullback of the 00's. Some guy who only got a game because of his father stole it off him.
  • I thought David Innella was going to be a star. I'm still waiting for him to play a game.

I might be able to trump that.

I saw David Wellsby kick 10 in a practice match in (I think) 1990 and was convinced we had a star key forward. My predictive powers were awesome even then.

Didn't think Walker had the talent, credit to him for getting a regular senior gig at Brisbane.

Thought Brown always had the talent, and should have been persevered with much more. Like Walker via a different path, credit to him for getting back in and now getting a regular senior gig.
JW showed us a bit last year, but showed us at Geelong 2w ago his limitations. And, 2016 he was totally superfluous to our needs, and more so IF Vardy/Clark ever make it back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back