Poll The Ideal Match Ups

Remove this Banner Ad

akkaps

Community Leader
Mar 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Every week we debate on whether certain guernseys and shorts should be worn in certain match ups, whether there is enough of a contrast between guernseys, if white shorts shorts are really necessary or if Port should give no shits about what Eddie says and wear their Prison Bars full time.

In this thread, I'm going to create a series of Polls (probably using Google Forms) that will consist of all possible match up between the 18 teams (306 match ups) and ask what is the preferable guernsey and short combination in each situation from both the home team and the away teams perspective. For example, in a game between where the ADELAIDE CROWS hosts the BRISBANE LIONS, what should each team wear.

Each series of Polls will put one of the 18 teams as the home team, and a response will need to be given to the home team, even if it's just their home kits. (Thanks Geelong).
And the options on the Poll will be basic, and focused towards what the main colour of the guernsey should be, rather than the design. So the number panels, prison bars or bounding roos will not be considered, nor will the Canberra guernsey, the Hawks heritage guernsey or one-off event guernseys be considered.

Here is a table that shows all the proposed guernseys I plan to put in the poll, and I am looking for suggestions on other that I may have missed to add to the list so I cover everything, within reason.

TEAMCURRENTOTHERSNotes
ADELAIDE
CROWS
Home / Navy
Home / White
White / White
Yellow / Navy
Yellow / Yellow
Yellow / White
Adding the full yellow set we previously saw.
Have the possibility to add a red set as well.
BRISBANE
LIONS
Home / Maroon
Melbourne / White
White / White
Home / White
Melbourne / Royal
Yellow / Maroon
Yellow / White
Adding the Royal shorts on the Melbourne guernsey to pay homage to Fitzroy, and something to wear away to Geelong (and North).
And gave enough options of a yellow based guernsey.
CARLTONHome / Navy
Home / White
White / White
COLLINGWOODHome / Black
Home / White
White / White
White / BlackI'm thinking people would prefer to see the white guernsey as the primary home guernsey.
ESSENDONHome / Black
Home / White
Red / White
Home / Red
Red / Red
Adding the red shorts, as seen previously.
FREMANTLEHome / Purple
White / White
Home / White
GEELONG
CATS
Home / Navy
Home / White
White / Navy
GOLD COAST
SUNS
Home / Red
Blue / White
Red / White
Blue / Blue
Yellow / White
Yellow / Yellow
White / White
Personally don't think Gold Coast need white shorts, and would rather see the blue or yellow with matching shorts.
GWS
GIANTS
Home / Charcoal
Home / White
White / White
Charcoal / Charcoal
Charcoal / White
Adding charcoal as the other options here, as seen previously in the pre-season. Rather than the orange base for the current home guernsey.
HAWTHORNHome / Brown
Home / White
Brown / Brown
Brown / White
White / White
Not focusing on the heritage V guernsey here because it's the same base colour as the home guernsey
MELBOURNEHome / Navy
Home / White
Red / White
Royal / White
Red / Navy
White / White
Personally would like a see a full red guernsey, but I am talking about a red based guernsey in this situation
NORTH
MELBOURNE
Home / Royal
Home / White
White / White
White / RoyalSee COLLINGWOOD
PORT ADELAIDEHome / Black
Home / White
Silver / White
Teal / White
Teal / Black
White / White
Not focusing on the prison bars here.
The focus is on whether the guernsey should be black, silver, teal or white.
RICHMONDHome / Black
Home / White
Yellow / White
Home / Yellow
Yellow / Black
Yellow / Yellow
See ESSENDON* yellow shorts.
Also, the VFL side play with the yellow guernsey with black shorts.
ST. KILDAHome / Black
Home / White
White / White
Red / Black
Red / Red
Red / White
A red away guernsey?
SYDNEY
SWANS
Home / Red
White / White
Home / White
SMFC / Black
SMFC / Red
SMFC / White
I've always thought that Sydney should have a SMFC guernsey, even if it is their clash guernsey
WEST COAST
EAGLES
Royal / Royal
Royal / White
Yellow / White
Royal / Yellow
Yellow / Royal
Should have include navy wings here?
WESTERN BULLDOGSHome / Blue
Home / White
White / White
Red / Red
Red / White
Adding the full red set we previously saw.
I think it works well against certain teams that need the better contrast.

I should be able to have a live results doc up and we should be able to see what the board thinks, by majority, as to what the ideal match ups should be.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Not sure if this fits into the topic of ideal matchup but one of my favourite matchups of all time is Collingwood in Clash vs West Coast Home.
Just something about the contrast in it is satisfying.
1595461516431.png
1595461554159.png

My favourite all-time matchup would probably be North Melb vs Sydney, this matchup particularly:
1595461672063.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom