Remove this Banner Ad

DrKrieger

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Miller, Williams
So, I was wondering to myself today, what would be the components of the ideal track?

If you could take elements of any other track (or something that doesn't exist outside of your mind), what would be part of making a truly great track (i.e. the polar opposite of Sochi)

For me, some possible additions would include the Corkscrew from Laguna Seca, the Karussell from the Nurburgring and possibly the Parabolica from Monza.

Obviously the concept has been tried before, notably at Ascari in Spain, but I thought it would be an interesting discussion anyway :D

Stick it around a pretty lake like potrero de los funes. may as well have an Eau Rouge type corner to go up before the corkscrew goes down.

We're coming up with quite a nice track so far.

Stick it around a pretty lake like potrero de los funes. may as well have an Eau Rouge type corner to go up before the corkscrew goes down.

We're coming up with quite a nice track so far.
Had never heard of Potrero de Los Funes before, so googled it. That's a very pretty circuit!

Something that gives you deceptively fast corners like turn 10 at Shanghai, or turns 7 and 8 at Sepang. Turns 4 and 9 at Sepang are good meaty corners too.

How about the fast sequence of turns 13-16 at Monaco? Looks slow, but really isn't.

Something that gives you deceptively fast corners like turn 10 at Shanghai, or turns 7 and 8 at Sepang. Turns 4 and 9 at Sepang are good meaty corners too.

How about the fast sequence of turns 13-16 at Monaco? Looks slow, but really isn't.
I actually really enjoy watching races at Sepang, the entire track seems pretty challenging!

Also, might be room for Turn Eight at Istanbul Park?

There was an F1 Racing magazine a few years ago that did exactly this.
I still have it around the place somewhere. If i can find it i will post it to have a look at.

This came out of an issue about 5-6 years ago.
The rules were that the entry and exit speeds of the corners had to stay the same, as well as the camber. Otherwise they are completely different.

Forgive my poor photgraphy skills. If you want any specific details let me know and I'll chase them up for you.

That's awesome! The map of the corners all together is pretty much what I was hoping to end up with from this thread.

Now, step 2, get investors, buy land, build awesome track...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back