Analysis The impact of minimal Runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
One thing that I think has not been raised the past couple of weeks is the impact of reduced time on Ground of the Runners in delivering messages

You could argue that with the amount of goals scored this year in our matches that there should be ample opportunity for Scott to get a message out

But what I am wondering is what the impact might have been this year to not have them out at free will as in the past to immediately get a message across?

For me I have bemoaned Runners being on the ground influencing games ( v Port last year at Docklands) so I think it has been a good change, but in terms of a small cog in all the cogs that aren’t working, it could well be an issue

It has had absolutely no effect on our season for the simple reason that Brad Scott teams have never been able to arrest a run on from opposition teams until quarter time breaks. It's like we never had runners.

One thing that I think has not been raised the past couple of weeks is the impact of reduced time on Ground of the Runners in delivering messages

You could argue that with the amount of goals scored this year in our matches that there should be ample opportunity for Scott to get a message out

But what I am wondering is what the impact might have been this year to not have them out at free will as in the past to immediately get a message across?

For me I have bemoaned Runners being on the ground influencing games ( v Port last year at Docklands) so I think it has been a good change, but in terms of a small cog in all the cogs that aren’t working, it could well be an issue

This is going straight to the Scott week 6 excuse thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back