Analysis The impact of Nick Maxwell

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he has a better Case in this

Dave no offence mate but what you posted is irrelevant to this thread........Help My Club just agreed to lay in another boot into Bucks.

I find it amusing by the way.

Not as funny as the poster who said we would make top four now under Bucks.

The Comedy Festival for free here on big footy. Love it.

LOL you’re so predictable........how is that Bucks thread going for you champ?

View attachment 483625

Have a read pal. I was very complimentary after a great win on Friday night. Supporters like you are so predictable - one great win and all the previous discussion questioning Buckley's bona fides become null and void. Now that's a good laugh.

Further, this is a totally different topic. Maxwell vs Buckley as captains/man managers. Do a poll and see what the result looks like. By the way who do you think was the better captain and why?

Have a read pal. I was very complimentary after a great win on Friday night. Supporters like you are so predictable - one great win and all the previous discussion questioning Buckley's bona fides become null and void. Now that's a good laugh.

Further, this is a totally different topic. Maxwell vs Buckley as captains/man managers. Do a poll and see what the result looks like. By the way who do you think was the better captain and why?

Like I said thanks for the laughs pal.

You're our saviour.

Although very early in the season our boys are playing for Bucks and one another, playing selfless team footy and from the outside seem to be much more close knit then in previous years.

Maxwell brought so much to the club as a captain and back line general.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/f95473f164a04ccb20552baf3f628ae3

The article from last year talks about Maxwell being able to bind teams together.

What impact do you think Nick is having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maxwell is the epitome of a person who made the absolute best of his limited abilities through hard work dogged determination and self belief.
Seemingly "viceless" himself, he was able harness the rat pack without becoming part of it and maintained the absolute respect of the side and the coach.
He earned his place in the side, his captaincy and a Premiership medal trough sheer grit, determination and commitment to the club
I can't think a single living person better qualified to imbue the right culture at the club.

Whatever Maxy’s actually doing at the club, it would be doing nobody any harm.

Here’s hoping he’s passing plenty of his own traits to the younger blokes. Think how valuable having a crop of leaders of Maxy’s caliber coming through the ranks would be.
This, I don't think you can tangibly measure his influence in on-field performance (e.g you wouldn't savage him for Rnd 1, nor would you laud him for this weekend gone).

But he's a leader of men, his presence (I assume) can only be a positive for all concerned.

Was thrilled when Maxy returned, and as others have noted, he wont be doing any harm.

As an alternative, is Hocking having an impact? A different voice added to the mix. It was suggested (somewhere on here) that he has taken Aish under his wing. If that's the case, he is working some magic.
Yep.

Hocking likely is being huge for our team.

And Maxwell can only be doing good.

Would be an excellent President I reckon as well.

(Sorry Ed, but you know it’s been a very long stint.)

Last edited:
Maxwell is the epitome of a person who made the absolute best of his limited abilities through hard work dogged determination and self belief.
Seemingly "viceless" himself, he was able harness the rat pack without becoming part of it and maintained the absolute respect of the side and the coach.
He earned his place in the side, his captaincy and a Premiership medal trough sheer grit, determination and commitment to the club
I can't think a single living person better qualified to imbue the right culture at the club.
Absolute agreement PE, Maxy is the living embodiment of triumph over adversity and a finer role model is simply not possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxwell v Buckley

Captaincy

Nick Maxwell got every last drop out of himself.

Nathan Buckley got every last drop out of himself.

Nick Maxwell was likely a natural captain from day one with regards to comraderie, bringing people together, even telling them off when required, attitude etc.

Nathan Buckley was a captain that learnt on the job and got better at it. One thing he’s always had is self assessment and self improvement. Not a natural captain from day one.

Nick Maxwell had the respect of everyone with his leadership; not necessarily his play.

Nathan Buckley had the respect of everyone for his play; not necessarily for his leadership in the beginning.

Nick Maxwell in the 2010 Grand Final did his job, led well, do we win still if he was not there? Suggest yes.

Nathan Buckley in the 2002 Grand Final did his job, led well, do we even come close without him? We would have been pole axed. Almost carried us to a premiership. But that’s as a sublime elite player. That game is huge, crying shame we couldn’t quite do it. Elite game by Buckley.

So who is the better captain?

For the intangible leadership it’s Nick Maxwell.

For the football leadership it’s Nathan Buckley.

Summation: Nick Maxwell the better captain yes, but if you have to pick one in your side taking everything into account, it’s not even a choice of two, it’s a choice of one.

But Maxwell is no doubt contributing now in a great way. Hero of our Club. Absolutely.

Yeah from all reports whiskas is well liked and hugely respected by the playing group;
He just seems a terrific get.

Ps Boyd adding a bit too, played under Bevo. Can’t hurt either.

Maxwell v Buckley

Captaincy

Nick Maxwell was likely a natural captain from day one with regards to comraderie, bringing people together, even telling them off when required, attitude etc.

Nathan Buckley was a captain that learnt on the job and got better at it. One thing he’s always had is self assessment and self improvement. Not a natural captain from day one.

Nick Maxwell had the respect of everyone with his leadership; not necessarily his play.

Nathan Buckley had the respect of everyone for his play; not necessarily for his leadership in the beginning.

Nick Maxwell in the 2010 Grand Final did his job, led well, do we win still if he was not there? Suggest yes.

Nathan Buckley in the 2002 Grand Final did his job, led well, do we even come close without him? We would have been pole axed. Almost carried us to a premiership. But that’s as a sublime elite player. That game is huge, crying shame we couldn’t quite do it. Elite game by Buckley.

Summation: Nick Maxwell the better captain yes, but if you have to pick one in your side taking everything into account, it’s not even a choice of two, it’s a choice of one.

But Maxwell is no doubt contributing now in a great way. Hero of our Club. Absolutely.
Who groomed Maxy? Hmm.

Who groomed Maxy? Hmm.
His lady love no doubt.
Trapped him, said your my groom.

All jokes aside, Nick did follow Nathan after one year of Scott Burns.

As I recall there was talk that Nick might follow straight from Nathan, but at the end the club just felt Scott was an obvious logical captain and didn’t feel it was right to deny him though it was only for a short spell.

I liked that decision as Scott was heart and soul and terrific too.

Last edited:
Yep.

Hocking likely is being huge for our team.

And Maxwell can not be doing good.

Would be an excellent President I reckon as well.

(Sorry Ed, but you know it’s been a very long stint.)

Dislexia Slanty Wived?

Maxwell v Buckley

Captaincy

A touch off-topic, but I think its understated what a wonderful Captain Nathan was. Might have started slow when taking the gig on initially, but he developed quicksmart, and finished the greatest Collingwood player, and also Captain, that we've ever had. He didn't have the cattle around him to achieve the ultimate, but almost single-handedly got us there.

Thats just my opinion, though.

Maxwell v Buckley

Captaincy

Great comparison of two very different leaders. Now it looks like we are getting a solid combination of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ******* love Nick Maxwell. Well said mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back