Win Prizes The Inaugural BigFooty Official AFLW Draft Tipping Competition – Congratulations Stan Judkins!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our (long-awaited) winner is Stan Judkins!

Stan finished on 88 points, and tipped 14 players with the correct pick to the correct club. Congratulations!

Second place was TBOW, with 85 points and 13 correct tips, while in third place we have Vacuous Space with 84 points and 12 correct tips.

thank you very much Lore, i'd like to congratulate TBOW and Vacuous Space for a hard fought close race
i'm both honored and privileged to receive this prestigious award 😍

thank you very much Lore, i'd like to congratulate TBOW and Vacuous Space for a hard fought close race
i'm both honored and privileged to receive this prestigious award 😍
Congratulations on the well deserved win, champ!

I'm tipping you missed Hay not nominating - not that any of us were ever going to nail that Geelong pick. For a while I had Mia Van Dyke at that pick, thinking that was the Geelongiest pick that Geelong could take. I feel foolish for thinking such thoughts.

Out of the 12 I got right, the only Vic pick I got right was Gatt, which was really a stopped watch being right twice a day kind of deal. I had more players that missed being drafted entirely. I reckon I'm paying too much attention to who is playing entertaining games of football. I think teams are more interested in who can run and kick. It seems you can be an average kick or an average runner and still get drafted, but not both. If you're poor at either, you're a strong chance to get left out altogether. This might seem very straight forward to others, but I guarantee I forget this lesson by round one of the NAB League next year.

Special thanks to whichever WA paper I lifted my WA order from, as well as the experts on here that ensured I knew enough to get some points out of the other states, but not so much that I could start overthinking (or underthinking) things.

Extra special thanks to the judges. It was fun and I hope we get to do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back