Event The Inaugural McInnes Prize - A Celebration of TheInjuryFactory

Who wins your vote for The Shooping Room Prize?

• Antonio BlueVein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barrybran

• Bonz

• DockerDen5215

• Hate

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • JoshWoodenSpoon

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Loonerty

• manangatang

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Marlowe

• Mobbs

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • pantskyle

• PMBangers

• por_please_ya

• serial_thrilla

• The Half Back

• Tigerturbulance

• TJASTA

• tony

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Introductions & Congratulations
mcinnes header.JPG

Hello friends, and welcome back for another season of qooty. I trust you're rested and ready for another season of champagne shitposting.

When the Coney Island Warriors were defeated in last season's preliminary final, we were denied the rare opportunity to not only play in a Grand Final but to also celebrate a milestone at the same time. You see, Warriors captain and arguably the SFA's preeminent shooper TheInjuryFactory was left stranded on 99 official games of qooty. There was a silver lining however as it gave the brains trust at Van Cortlandt Park an opportunity to give their captain the recognition he simultaneously deserves and shies away from. So as well as doing the stock standard "let's get some people to say nice things about him" media piece, we've gone over the top and created a perpetual art prize which commemorates the contribution that TheInjuryFactory has made to the Arts community within the SFA. So ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to introduce The McInnes Prize.

The McInnes Prize is named after sports journalist Shane McInnes, who was famously described by TheInjuryFactory lookalike Ross Lyon as being "quite brilliant", and will form a part of ongoing beez nights as a standalone award for the best shooper of each SFA season. This week however will see two McInnes Prizes awarded: one retrospectively to TheInjuryFactory in recognition of the many pictures he has provided to us over the course of his SFA career, and the other to the winner of the inaugural McInnes Prize competition which will be run in this thread. All recipients of the McInnes Prize will receive a badge that will look something like this: 🖼.

For the inaugural McInnes Prize competition, invitations were sent out to a select group of posters within the SFA community who dabble in the forbidden art of shoopery to submit an entry. The criteria for the entries were as follows:
  • It must be a still picture that is digitally created (that means on a computer, not a finger painting like Koko the gorilla) of a size that can be successfully attached to a BigFooty post, preferably .jpg or .png format (no gifs);
  • The picture should contain the likeness of TheInjuryFactory (aka Ross Lyon) within it;
  • The picture shall be created using the theme of 'The Century Factory'. How you interpret the theme is up to you, but please think of it as a celebration of a person who has created many pictures for many people in the SFA;
  • Please also provide a brief description of 50 words or less accompanying the picture describing it and how it relates to TheInjuryFactory.

mcinnes entries.png
Antonio BlueVein Barrybran Bonz DockerDen5215 Hate JoshWoodenSpoon Loonerty manangatang Marlowe Mobbs pantskyle PMBangers por_please_ya serial_thrilla The Half Back Tigerturbulance TJASTA tony

Eighteen SFA posters submitted entries for the inaugural McInnes Prize, which are on display here. I will shortly be posting each entry individually, and will ask the man of the moment TheInjuryFactory to adjudge which entry best befits the theme of 'The Century Factory', and thus the winner of the inaugural McInnes Prize competition.

I will also be posting a poll, where I invite the SFA community to vote on their favourite entry, which will receive The Shooping Room Prize. While doing this, I also invite you all to reply in this thread with your best wishes to TheInjuryFactory as he raises his proverbial bat.

I'll finish up at this point with my own testimony - TheInjuryFactory, I know you're probably cringing like heck at all of this but us Wazzas are super grateful for everything you've done for us. If Frankston Rover is God of the Coney Island Warriors, you're surely our Moses. You've captained the club for all but two of the season you've been in the SFA (five out of seven), you've brought us out of some pretty grim places, led us as we've wandered the wilderness, thrown some tablets at us, encountered your share of burning bushes, and are on the verge of taking us to the promised land. Congrats on your hundredth game bossman, here's to the next 50, life membership, and beyond!

Hope you enjoy this competition, now here's the entries for the inaugural McInnes Prize competition. Please consider...

Last edited:
Index of Entries

Entrant One - Antonio BlueVein
abv.jpeg

"Well, where to begin with my mate TiF.

For those of you that do not know him, he is the man who single-handedly turned the most punchable head in football into a beloved Sweet FA icon.

Known for his shoop skills and exemplary taste in music, TheInjuryFactory will go down as one of the greatest Warriors of all time.

The shoop I’ve provided depicts two Sweet FA shitposting juggernauts, and I hope it brings you all much enjoyment.

Happy birthday TiF."

Antonio BlueVein

Last edited:
View attachment 1189676

"Well, where to begin with my mate TiF.

For those of you that do not know him, he is the man who single-handedly turned the most punchable head in football into a beloved Sweet FA icon.

Known for his shoop skills and exemplary taste in music, TheInjuryFactory will go down as one of the greatest Warriors of all time.

The shoop I’ve provided depicts two Sweet FA shitposting juggernauts, and I hope it brings you all much enjoyment.

Happy birthday TiF."
"50 words or less."

Entrant Two - Barrybran
Entrant Three - Bonz
bonz.jpg

"I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heart goes a flutter when TheInjuryFactory posts in a thread. How someone can look like Ross Lyon and yet be so loved is just a little bit of a mystery so I am sure something illegal is involved"

Bonz

Entrant Four - DockerDen5215
Entrant Five - Hate
hate.png

"Congratulations to my dearest fellow Sweet F.A Player on 100 Career Games. As is common place surrounding events of this magnitude, it simply can not happen without some greedy grubs seeking to profit off of an event with this amount of public interest.

TheInjuryFactory 100 Game Collection."

Hate

Entrant Six - JoshWoodenSpoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entrant Seven - Loonerty
loonerty.png

"This image depicts TheInjuryFactory celebrating his hundredth game for Coney Island and offers an explanation as to the lack of artist effort."

Loonerty

Entrant Eight - manangatang
Entrant Nine - Marlowe
marlowe.png

"I remember before the Season 29 beez, TiF gathered his top competition and said regardless of what happens in the voting, they'd settle this once and for all with a 100m dash. I had fallen asleep in the bushes the night before and woke up to see the whole thing."

Marlowe

Entrant Ten - Mobbs
Entrant Eleven - pantskyle
pants.jpg

The Century Factory Performed by pantskyle

"Tasked with an incredible job one was asked to commemorate a fine league poster in The Injury Factory, a man this guy knows very well, even intimately, my image commemorates the 100th time we just laid with each other in bed and just talked and cuddled, tickling each other, TIFs tongue licking his lips as he is about to devour his younger mistress wait is this for an adults only SFA related fan fiction competition? No matter as this really happened and if he denies it he is a dirty slav."

pantskyle

Entrant Twelve - PMBangers
pmbangers.png

"I originally wanted to do 100 of those hand drawn tif's, but they were too big, so I shoved in 60 tifs in those small pieces of text, I then added the hearts as I felt it was too impersonal prior to their addition. I hope he likes it, in my humble opinion it would make a brilliant desktop wallpaper"

PMBangers

Entrant Thirteen - por_please_ya
porps.jpg

"A century ago, the Lyon family celebrated the opening of an iron ore processing factory in Sweet. Throughout its history it had numerous WHS breaches and was notoriously dubbed ‘The Injury Factory’ by locals. Ruours say this is where famous Qooty-player TIF got his name, carrying on the family legacy."

por_please_ya

Entrant Fourteen - serial_thrilla
serial.png

"Congrats on bringing up the ton, TIF. When I joined the SFA three seasons ago I mistakenly thought you were a bit of a flog, but after seeing you in action all that time I now know you're a complete flog...with style. Keep up the good work."

serial_thrilla

Entrant Fifteen - The Half Back
halfy.png

"Happy Birthday brother, this is just a nice little family pic of us and the kids playing in the back yard. Enjoy your hundredth my friend, you only get a couple of them in your career.

Much love, Halfie and the kids xx"

The Half Back

Entrant Sixteen - Tigerturbulance
turbo.jpg

"Ruour has it you got a tattoo of this $100 dollar note tattooed on your dick because:
1. You like to watch your money grow;
2. You can deposit your money whenever you want; and
3. When your missus says she wants to blow a $100 bucks.. you say go for your life...

100 big ones, well done TheInjuryFactory "

Tigerturbulance

Back