The Indigenous & Multicultural Zones thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All the while the QLD and NSW academies are in full swing able to pick from 100 elegible players a year all at a 20% discount . Why don't they just allow us to draft all players from those zones and be done with it in this age of equality

Feel like WC has more of a claim to midwest, what with Mainwaring, JK, Cripps all hailing from that region.

(Also has produced Martin, O'meara, P Cripps, Harry Taylor among others I'm bound to be forgetting)

Don't stress its only Claremont's metropolitan zone and I can give you the tip not many indigenous kids reside in the region.
I also do not see too many Sudanese youths hanging out at Claremont Quarter or Floreat Forum.

Devil will be in the detail as to what 10% of the south west our Violet Crumble folk get but I was pretty happy with the split.

And yes - I am one of the loyal Claremont fans who refused to go purple!!!

Feel like WC has more of a claim to midwest, what with Mainwaring, JK, Cripps all hailing from that region.

(Also has produced Martin, O'meara, P Cripps, Harry Taylor among others I'm bound to be forgetting)
It is only the indigenous and multi-cultural talent. Not sure what Norsman falls under but there are some seriously talented indigenous boys from Bunbury, Mount Barker, Albany, etc which should all fall to us.

Clontarf Academy is located in Claremont so Freo / G Neesham might have access to there players or maybe the new Academy zones will cancel out Clontarf.

Should provide plenty of coaching mentoring roles for the likes of Hill, Bennell, Jetta, NicNat , Wellingham, Chris Lewis, Peter Matera ...... etc

Looks like a bum deal for West Coast I reckon. Kimberley is better than Pilbara, how did Fremantle get West Perth, that defies logic, the northern most metro side. Swans is a good get for indigenous and subi for the African population (Balga and Nollamara)

Getting 90% of the South West more than compensates that. Splitting the WAFL clubs 3-5 is questionable though.

Swan Districts, East Perth are good gets as far as both indigenous and multicultural kids go. Perth not so good but the zone has a lot of potential given it's demographics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting 90% of the South West more than compensates that. Splitting the WAFL clubs 3-5 is questionable though.

Swan Districts, East Perth are good gets as far as both indigenous and multicultural kids go. Perth not so good but the zone has a lot of potential given it's demographics.

Indigenous kids can only be taken from the regional zones in the Academies.

They still have migrants. It's besides the point that the VFL clubs are going outside their state but we are only allowed in our own. Make sense of that.

They have more teams fighting over a smaller area in Victoria

I think we have the best of the two clubs.

Subiaco and East Perth have both had academies for immigrants for a few years so getting both club in West Coasts zone is a huge get. There have been plenty of indigenous talent to come from Swan Districts, East Perths and Claremonts country zone down south.

Just waiting to see how much money is spent on the academy.

What Victoria lacks in area it makes up for in population...

Assuming an even population spread in the state

Victoria:
5.79 million split amongst 10 team
Or 579k per team

WA:
2.6 million split amongst 2 teams
Or 1.3 million per team

Victoria does have a bigger population yes, but they are splitting it up amongst more people so their teams still get less of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back