Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
China are not going to war with anyone.

They have India to the west and they don’t like each other. They have Russia to the north. They have Japan and Korea to the east and they hate each other. And most of South East Asia to the south also hates them.

They have issues in Hong Kong. They cannot resolve Taiwan. Their own economy has massive challenges. They have spot fires everywhere due to ethnic diversity within China. They have an ageing population. And they are completely reliant on the rest of the world for food, energy and resources.

But apparently despite all this they are going to storm the beaches of Australia.

It is crazy talk.

Sounds exactly like you are describing the uk in the pre and post ww2 era

Also sounds like the sort of chaos that authoritarian regimes have historically used a foreign threat to unite their citizenry to distract from the fact that everything else is going to scomo.

oh look :https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...i-jinping-taiwan-us-esper-intl-hnk/index.html

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds exactly like you are describing the uk in the pre and post ww2 era

Also sounds like the sort of chaos that authoritarian regimes have historically used a foreign threat to unite their citizenry to distract from the fact that everything else is going to scomo.

oh look :https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...i-jinping-taiwan-us-esper-intl-hnk/index.html

Fancy starting a war that has no benefit to anybody and that you’re almost guaranteed to lose and lose bad in.

Spot on. The only war the USA has 'won' in recent times is when it invaded Grenada.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Spot on. The only war the USA has 'won' in recent times is when it invaded Grenada.
Gulf war 1 was a decent win.

part of winning anything is knowing when to announce victory and piss off sharpish

george senior understood this point. Junior notsomuch

Panama was another come to think of it.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
"And lo, the Final Sign will be upon the various Kingdoms of Men when the Hawk shall rise once more and return to the Final Eight where outrage after obscenity shall surely follow..."

and he said unto the people of the Lord and the unbelievers alike, "Free-kick, Hawthorn".

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
and he said unto the people of the Lord and the unbelievers alike, "Free-kick, Hawthorn".
No thats the grand final sign

the final sign was delivered unto alastair, son of clark in the form of an injunction, not to be mixed up with the injections delivered to the hird down the road. This injuction was to stop the pharisees from phariseeing who failed drug tests.

learn your bibles fellas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am of the age where I might be forced to fight.

fu** that sh*t, libs and national voters can fight and die first, their kids can fight and die first, their donors can fight and die first.

I have zero interest fighting because the Libs and Nats are ******* stupid and cannot do basic international diplomacy.
This is the reason that a "conventional war is unlikely.
Most people are too smart to fall for a leaders "King and Country" BS.

No-one but the usual people already likely to "follow"and join the forces will volunteer, so they would be forced to bring in conscription.
Then fill the country with prisons to place the "draft dodgers" in.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I just don’t see the Chinese doing damage* to a country which it bends over at the trade table.

maybe if we become a total vassal state to a declining USA, and all the resources get shipped there

but surely we wouldn’t be that stupid….. oh wait

* USA regularly destroy infrastructure, or have proxy forces destroy infrastructure in other countries which they built and benefit from.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
This is the reason that a "conventional war is unlikely.
Most people are too smart to fall for a leaders "King and Country" BS.

No-one but the usual people already likely to "follow"and join the forces will volunteer, so they would be forced to bring in conscription.
Then fill the country with prisons to place the "draft dodgers" in.

hacking and disrupting other countries internal infrastructure (which is increasingly computerised and vulnerable) seems a much more efficient way than military
Drones will fill in the gaps

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just don’t see the Chinese doing damage* to a country which it bends over at the trade table.

maybe if we become a total vassal state to a declining USA, and all the resources get shipped there

but surely we wouldn’t be that stupid….. oh wait

* USA regularly destroy infrastructure, or have proxy forces destroy infrastructure in other countries which they built and benefit from.

Were dumb racist anglo, inevitably vassal state with no return, dumb, American lap dog, and really dumb becometh vassal state of china..
What next

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
This is interesting from the Taiwanese foreign minister, the question is did the ABC sought this interview or the other way around?

In the interview Wu clearly 'requests' that other 'like minded democracies' 'support' them in 'preparing for war' and then states the US, UK and Aus. Wonder if it's a ploy to Xi Xi 'hey if you wanna take us over, I'm bringin the allies in'

Has been reported that Joe & Co have stated 'hey stop the provocation Xi Xi'

Let's be honest Xi Xi has been reaching around the world bullying everyone for some time, and with Taiwan, it's clear the 'reunification' will mean the same as Hong Kong - democratic society no longer.

It's easy to see China's intent, and the rest of the world is getting antsy.

There's lot of narrative of 'don't poke the bear' in regards to China, more likely though it's 'don't poke the world'.

If there is retaliation to China, regardless of where and why the reaction it won't be a one country gig and won't be a traditional all out 'boots on the ground' war it'll be a cold job with a splash of machinery stoush.

This ain't gonna end well for China if reaction comes to pass.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't subscribe to war being inevitable or even likely, but that onion munching dumb crunt over in Taiwan is not helping.

If the Chinese assassinate Abbott I doubt the world will respond the same as Franz Ferdinand's assassination.

Biden's first response will be "who?"

"Oh, another fella from down under, meh"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back