Discussion The influx of s***posting, needless prodding and other crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, after several weeks using yen rather than dollars, I'm contemplating reviewing different currencies of the world. Is that something that would interest others? Dylan8
Haha

RCT won't come back. The amount of reports significantly decreased post closing of the RCT.

Also, after several weeks using yen rather than dollars, I'm contemplating reviewing different currencies of the world. Is that something that would interest others? Dylan8
I think Gibbsy runs a page for that

The RCT lowered the standard of posting dramatically across the board and we're still recovering from that.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but on this board it really, really didn't work.

I bought a new deck of Bonds quarter crew cuts the other week. I've previously reviewed them so won't go over the same ground, but they were very pleasing.
I just got some from Target yesterday and they are heavenly. Very nice. Good review.

Yeah man do it

I just got some from Target yesterday and they are heavenly. Very nice. Good review.
I did this too actually, from Woolworths a few days ago. They were an impulse buy. Among the other items in my cart were rockmelon, chicken breast and fettuccine.

Some months ago I bought a pair of Happy Socks, which as you would know are not a cheap sock. I was trying them on for the first time and they tore apart as I pulled them over my ankle. Very disappointing. I have been pulling socks over my ankles for decades now and have never run into this problem before, so I think I can put this one down to poor sock quality rather than error in sock application.

20200526_131609.jpg

At around the same time, I switched over to Carhartt work socks. These are excellent socks, and maintain a nice level of sponginess despite many hours spent on foot. I can provide images in the morning upon request.

Some months ago I bought a pair of Happy Socks, which as you would know are not a cheap sock. I was trying them on for the first time and they tore apart as I pulled them over my ankle. Very disappointing. I have been pulling socks over my ankles for decades now and have never run into this problem before, so I think I can put this one down to poor sock quality rather than error in sock application.

View attachment 953479

At around the same time, I switched over to Carhartt work socks. These are excellent socks, and maintain a nice level of sponginess despite many hours spent on foot. I can provide images in the morning upon request.
Happy socks? More like sad socks.

View attachment 953479

Good review my friend. I too have had poor experiences with Happy Socks, it is deeply comforting to know I'm not alone.

I would be very keen to see and learn more about this Carhartt number.

View attachment 953479

My condolences. I hate to see a colourful pair of socks go to waste. I got two really cool pairs of socks with flames on them the other day from cotton on. A black pair with yellow and red flames and a white pair with blue and pink flames. I like to think they make me go faster, but in reality they don't.

My favourite pair of socks I have are yellow with black and white checkers running up the back. I got told off for wearing them at work though because they were too noticeable (I'm one of those fellas that roll their jeans up).

I also have a pair of Star Wars socks, Friends socks, Space Jam socks, NASA socks, Metallica socks, Travis Scott socks and Tom Hawkins socks.

Thanks for reading

My condolences. I hate to see a colourful pair of socks go to waste. I got two really cool pairs of socks with flames on them the other day from cotton on. A black pair with yellow and red flames and a white pair with blue and pink flames. I like to think they make me go faster, but in reality they don't.

My favourite pair of socks I have are yellow with black and white checkers running up the back. I got told off for wearing them at work though because they were too noticeable (I'm one of those fellas that roll their jeans up).

I also have a pair of Star Wars socks, Friends socks, Space Jam socks, NASA socks, Metallica socks, Travis Scott socks and Tom Hawkins socks.

Thanks for reading
ngl, this was all pretty basic until you got to Tom Hawkins socks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to amend this review. Based on further experience, these Carhartt socks are trash. After just a few months of use, they are all wearing out at the heel. This is disappointing, particularly from such a reputable brand. Being polyester socks, they were also very hot with the warming temperature here in Melbourne, and I found that they were quite tight around the calf which didn't help with breathability.

I am truly sorry if my previous post inspired anyone else to purchase these socks, and would like to offer my most sincere apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back