Movie The Interview - Sony scrap release

Remove this Banner Ad

******* weak. The hackers win. It's that easy. Release some emails, make some vague threats and you can get a movie pulled from released. Complete cave in.

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-scraps-the-interview-release-we-have-decided-not-to-move-forward/

The studio releases statement pulling controversial Seth Rogen-James Franco comedy

Sony has decided to pull “The Interview” from its scheduled Dec 25 release following elevated threats from hackers.

“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release,” the studio said in a statement to TheWrap. “We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.”

I wouldn't have been interested in seeing this movie at all, but with all the controversy and coverage I'm kind of intrigued. I'd watch it.
I wasn't particularly interested in the film itself, but I was going to see it a) to spite North Korea and b) to do my bit in showing that no two bit hacker can decide what films get released.

I wouldn't have been interested in seeing this movie at all, but with all the controversy and coverage I'm kind of intrigued. I'd watch it.

It's funny how this just makes for great marketing for the movie. I expect the movie to be average and harmless, whenever there is controversy around a films release often the people who don't want others to go and see the film have not seen it themselves and have no idea what the actual film is about.

Was about to post the same.
with many comments not just on here like "I wasn't going to see this but now........" "looked crap but now i wanna see what the hype is about" I wouldn't put it past Franco and Rogen.
They're both pretty pissed about it apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double-bill.

The Day the Clown Cried and The Interview.

Just have to get the a-okay from Jerry Lewis and Kim Jong Un first.

Hmmm, not sure which is easier...

yeah I don't see investors just wearing the 44mil in production costs, it will get a release one way or another & now with all the publicity, be assured of turning a profit.

Anyone considered that testing declared the flick a dog (which wouldn't be a huge surprise given some of the garbage Rogan has been putting out of late) & regardless of the truth of the hacking etc, this is the best thing that could have happened for producers?

yeah I don't see investors just wearing the 44mil in production costs, it will get a release one way or another & now with all the publicity, be assured of turning a profit.

Anyone considered that testing declared the flick a dog (which wouldn't be a huge surprise given some of the garbage Rogan has been putting out of late) & regardless of the truth of the hacking etc, this is the best thing that could have happened for producers?

It's a hard one Nth Korea they are not going to destroy all the cinemas in America but they have plenty of loyal people in the States who might try a kidnapping or 2 to get their point across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back