Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

lol he's a thinker. this is like two levels of footballer dumb

I think that's hilarious & an undesirable risk to a very valuable asset at the same time.

I guess the last thing you want is for players hurting themselves but likewise I don't think enforcing too strict restrictions or rules is the way to go either. A happy playing group is a successful playing group. I guess if he was doing risky things all the time you might step in and say something. But a one-off stunt, meh, he's a young lad. Let him have some fun I say.

lol he's a thinker. this is like two levels of footballer dumb

My first thought was awesome how much fun does that look..........then it was ohh he could easily dislocate a finger using his hand for balance like that..................sad way of modern thinking. Good on him enjoying his young life the way many of us used to.

Bomtempelli has had an extra year than Heeney...no reason Isaac can't emulate what the Bont did in '16, this year. They will always be vastly different players though with different strengths and weaknesses, makes it difficult to accurately compare them.

look I don't really give a s**t, but the difference between someone like Heeney and most 20 year olds is most 20 years olds haven't just signed a 5 year contract worth millions of dollars that effectively commodifies their body.

But it's putting it on Insty that's the real problem. How can he be trusted to distribute the ball out of the middle if this is his decision-making level?

Get Talia to introduce him to some less-risky recreational habits imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the annual tradition of BF posters overreacting to off season happenings is still going strong :thumbsu:

Good to see the annual tradition of BF posters overreacting to off season happenings is still going strong :thumbsu:

Should start a fundraiser to get Heeney into a bubble during offseasons ;)

Bomtempelli has had an extra year than Heeney...no reason Isaac can't emulate what the Bont did in '16, this year. They will always be vastly different players though with different strengths and weaknesses, makes it difficult to accurately compare them.

You're right, Heeney might. Bontempelli HAS though. Proven performance is better than potential. Heeney might prove to be BETTER than Bontempelli, even. Or he might not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back