The Jack Hannath effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannath can't jump and at his size its to big a problem to overcome. Add his lack of pace and Cobblers right he is barely WAFL quality.
I don't want to argue with this , everybody got their own view I am on the for view , you are on the against view. I had no problem freo to delisted him end of the season. But to said Hannath not contribute to peel current ladder is a bit hard to understand for me. If Clarke is playing for freo , Hannath is the only genuine ruck for peel. Had a look at peel reserve and colt team and name me a tall and mature body ruckmen.

Last edited:
Gee's all the hate for the big guy, Give Hannath at least the next 4 games to see how he goes. Clarke does not warrant or deserve to wear the jumper. His lack of effort and plays bruise free football.

Its Hannath's chance to show something. If Clark is selected ahead of Hannath then we are tanking :)

Clark gives nothing

Gee's all the hate for the big guy, Give Hannath at least the next 4 games to see how he goes. Clarke does not warrant or deserve to wear the jumper. His lack of effort and plays bruise free football.

Its Hannath's chance to show something. If Clark is selected ahead of Hannath then we are tanking :)

Clark gives nothing

Hannath has had plenty of time to show his worth at Peel. As of yet he has shown nothing. Clark at least tears it up when he goes back to Peel.

Hannath has had plenty of time to show his worth at Peel. As of yet he has shown nothing. Clark at least tears it up when he goes back to Peel.
I get your love for Clarke, do you need to bring down Hannath.

I don't want to argue with this , everybody got their own view I am on the for view , you are on the against view. I had no problem freo to delisted him end of the season. But to said Hannath not contribute to peel current ladder is a bit hard to understand for me. If Clarke is playing for freo , Hannath is the only genuine ruck for peel. Had a look at peel reserve and colt team and name me a tall and mature body ruckmen.

It's not about peel though it's about Freo, IMO Freo can't win the premiership with Hannath as ruck and with Sandi probably two seasons left who's your ruck in a premiership team. Probably Appness, got to stay injury free though,that means Hannath will get an other contract because no one else but is very lucky.
Just a side note meima I don't always agree with you but I like reading your posties as you call them.

It's not about peel though it's about Freo, IMO Freo can't win the premiership with Hannath as ruck and with Sandi probably two seasons left who's your ruck in a premiership team. Probably Appness, got to stay injury free though,that means Hannath will get an other contract because no one else but is very lucky.
Just a side note meima I don't always agree with you but I like reading your posties as you call them.
I don't think Hannath contract should be extended with freo , but to keep saying he is lousy and not up to wafl level will not help.

Eg: if we give Hannath few game in afl this season , when review performance come end of the season , freo can said you been given chance I afraid we need to part way.

Just imagine if Ross did not persist with Blakely after his few afl game. As for Clarke when the season start I had high hope of him but how many time he keep all of us disappointed with his effort or injuries.

I don't think Hannath contract should be extended with freo , but to keep saying he is lousy and not up to wafl level will not help. Just imagine if Ross did not persist with Blakely after his few afl game. As for Clarke when the season start I had high hope of him but how many time he keep all of us disappointed with his effort or injuries.

Meima your wish has come true . Big Jack to lead Peels ruck.:)

I don't think Hannath contract should be extended with freo , but to keep saying he is lousy and not up to wafl level will not help.

Eg: if we give Hannath few game in afl this season , when review performance come end of the season , freo can said you been given chance I afraid we need to part way.

Just imagine if Ross did not persist with Blakely after his few afl game. As for Clarke when the season start I had high hope of him but how many time he keep all of us disappointed with his effort or injuries.

Hannath is 25 soon, he's had chances previously including back to back last season and has not shown anything of modern ruck work. He will get an extension IMO because there no one else and I think Appness has been told he'll be ruck on Sandi retirement. IMO we will chase forwards next season in the draft. Tanner could end up the forward/ruck in the next few seasons.

If we are going to delist him we should at least give him a farewell game v West Coast under the proviso that he smashes some clown like Darling. He looks big on TV but man in the flesh he is one big unit.
Thanks that's what I want to said but don't know how to write it in word.

Hannath would have been great before the stupid rule came in to not bounce the ball up, but throw it up. Jumping is only really needed when you know where the ball is going i.e. Straight up. When the ball was bounced around the ground, it would often go a bit sideways or at a height where a good jump made no difference. In the Justin Madden style, you just needed a big lump of a man who could use his weight.
Clarke is a far better tap ruckman, but I think that Hannath is a better footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannath would have been great before the stupid rule came in to not bounce the ball up, but throw it up. Jumping is only really needed when you know where the ball is going i.e. Straight up. When the ball was bounced around the ground, it would often go a bit sideways or at a height where a good jump made no difference. In the Justin Madden style, you just needed a big lump of a man who could use his weight.
Clarke is a far better tap ruckman, but I think that Hannath is a better footballer.

If you can't run and jump its hard to play good football.

If we are going to delist him we should at least give him a farewell game v West Coast under the proviso that he smashes some clown like Darling. He looks big on TV but man in the flesh he is one big unit.
Can he smash Shuey too

Thinking a Hannath-Apeness sandwich would do the trick. Hey bring in Grey as well to prop him up for the hit.

Definitely not working no sign of UFO here.

Yeah he's not that great. And still gives more than Zac ******* Clarke.

I look forward to another 8 possessions and handful of ineffective hitouts this weekend.

If you can't run and jump its hard to play good football.
I agree. Clarke can do both and is a terrible footballer. Given that we're missing our top 2 rucks, our choices are a talented (physically) hack and a talentless (physically) trier. I just like the cut of Hannths gib. They're both miles off being the number one ruck in any team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back