The Jack Macrae Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy birthday to our bestest player, have a great night x from us all
I think he is our best and most reliable player. Bont get the accolades but Jacko gets the job done week in week out. Will be a bulldogs legend when he retires.

So in his last 100 games, he's had 20 or more disposals in 98 of them.

Is there any other player in the competition who can match that?

More importantly, rarely with a hair out of place either. Apart from winning, we are also clearly fielding the best looking team most weeks - Macrae, Wood, McLean, Naughton, Smith, Bont, Liber, Hunter, JJ. Just wait until Jamarra arrives!

Really hopes he wins the B&F should a have won one already. The possibilities are Jacko, Bont, Caleb and Bazza.

Libba too? Think Baz has probably slipped behind the others now too. It depends how big of a lead he built in those early rounds when he was the only one going.

1) Macrae, 2) Daniel, 3) Smith, 4) Bont, 5) Wallis, 6) Libba, 7) Keath, 8) Crozier, 9) Williams, 10) English

Thats my top 10 Bnf thus far. Dunks and Naughts dont make it due to games they missed.

AA spots worth more than BnF's in my opinion.

Jack Steven and Nathan Jones both have 4 BnF's but no AA selections. Jacko might not have a BnF but will probably have 2 AA's and that shows he's truly in the elite of the competition.

Just checked. No one matches that on current streaks.
  1. Jackson Macrae - 98
  2. Adam Treloar - 97
  3. Scott Pendlebury - 96
  4. Matt Crouch - 95
  5. Lachie Neale - 94
  6. Jake Lloyd - 93
  7. Rory Laird - 93
  8. Tom Mitchell - 93
  9. Andrew Gaff - 92
  10. Steele Sidebottom - 92

Using data since the beginning of the year 2000, the best streaks have been:
  1. Adam Treloar - 99
  2. Jackson Macrae - 98
  3. Matthew Boyd - 98
  4. Dane Swan - 98
  5. Gary Ablett Jr - 98
  6. Scott Pendlebury - 98
  7. Rory Laird - 97
  8. Sam Mitchell - 97
  9. Andrew Gaff - 96
  10. Matt Priddis/Patrick Dangerfield - 96

Last edited:
It's pretty impressive especially when considering that one of those games was when he got injured and missed the entire second half and the other was against the Saints this year in a shortened game.

He is also the only player in 2020 to get 40 in a game and in 2014 was the youngest and only teenager in history to get 43+ in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty impressive especially when considering that one of those games was when he got injured and missed the entire second half and the other was against the Saints this year in a shortened game.

He is also the only player in 2020 to get 40 in a game and in 2014 was the youngest and only teenager in history to get 43+ in a game.
He kicked two goals in that 43 possession game as a teenager.
Ridiculous

i think in my life time I have been lucky to see the best two number 11 s play for the Bulldogs Jack Mcrae Tony McGuinness

It's hardly a stellar field :D

Jacko is just so consistent and reliable, I don't panic when he's in the vicinity. Absolutely love him.

Swear Macrae must have some sort of AFL record for most times flattened off the ball / late. Seems to happen to him every game, but he gets right back up and just keeps going. Dude is unstoppable, and losing Ward has really turned into a blessing in disguise considering we got him with the compensation pick

1. Jackson Macrae - 98
  2. Adam Treloar - 97
  3. Scott Pendlebury - 96
  4. Matt Crouch - 95
  5. Lachie Neale - 94
  6. Jake Lloyd - 93
  7. Rory Laird - 93
  8. Tom Mitchell - 93
  9. Andrew Gaff - 92

1. Adam Treloar - 99
  2. Jackson Macrae - 98
  3. Matthew Boyd - 98
  4. Dane Swan - 98
  5. Gary Ablett Jr - 98
  6. Scott Pendlebury - 98
  7. Rory Laird - 97
  8. Sam Mitchell - 97
  9. Andrew Gaff - 96

When you say best streak do you mean highest in any 100 game stretch? Or do you mean 99 game streak of 20+.

Macrae should be 99 since one of those was injury at half time.

When you say best streak do you mean highest in any 100 game stretch? Or do you mean 99 game streak of 20+.

Macrae should be 99 since one of those was injury at half time.
Yeah sorry, bit unclear, I meant highest in any 100 game stretch.

And yeah, Macrae would be higher if it weren't for that injury. Also had 18 disposals against the Saints. Given it's shorter games, that's the equivalent of around a 22-23 disposal game in a normal season. So basically those 2 out of 100 games both have * next to them ;)

Big congratulations our "Mr Consistant" Jack Macrae he finishes the home and away season as the only player to get 40 disposals in a game and ranked second overall for disposals for the second consecutive year.

It's probably fitting as he someone who still largely under the radar in the media.

Most Disposals In A Game - 2020
40 - Jack Macrae - R11
37 - Jack Macrae - R9
37 - Rory Laird - R11
37 - Bailey Smith - R12

If we have the second best of the siblings this time then Finlay is going to be one hell of a player.

Are they full brothers or half brothers?

If we have the second best of the siblings this time then Finlay is going to be one hell of a player.

Are they full brothers or half brothers?

Bit of strange question - don't really see why it matters...

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jack's dad (who recently passed away) remarried and Finlay Macrae is one of the children from the second marriage.

1. Jackson Macrae - 98
  2. Adam Treloar - 97
  3. Scott Pendlebury - 96
  4. Matt Crouch - 95
  5. Lachie Neale - 94
  6. Jake Lloyd - 93
  7. Rory Laird - 93
  8. Tom Mitchell - 93
  9. Andrew Gaff - 92

1. Adam Treloar - 99
  2. Jackson Macrae - 98
  3. Matthew Boyd - 98
  4. Dane Swan - 98
  5. Gary Ablett Jr - 98
  6. Scott Pendlebury - 98
  7. Rory Laird - 97
  8. Sam Mitchell - 97
  9. Andrew Gaff - 96
This post aged well :cool:

Bit of strange question - don't really see why it matters...

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jack's dad (who recently passed away) remarried and Finlay Macrae is one of the children from the second marriage.
Correct Finlay Macrae is one of the children from the second marriage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back