Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can understand Pies fans wanting to talk up their latest acquisitions but the vested interest in talking down the acquisitions of the trade partner is pretty interesting in a psychological sense.

The lack of a "moving on" mindset speaks to something deeper and underlying.
A Brisbane poster lecturing Collingwood posters about "moving on" after suggesting a poll on Josh Walker in the thread of former Brisbane Lions player James Aish :confused:

Pies should remember and take note aish is like the tin man , he has no heart, carne give him one either !

Should read the instructions before you buy ! Brisbane may have done better than you know, let's revisit this at seasons end !

Tin Man huh? He played in two premierships before he turned 18. He was a boy amongst men. Doesn't sound like a pea heart to me. No, I reckon he was just totally dispirited at the Lions; he wasn't the only one. I guess we'll wait and see. Sometimes Collingwood's recruiters pick a dud, but I'm pretty sure Aish isn't one of them.

A Brisbane poster lecturing Collingwood posters about "moving on" after suggesting a poll on Josh Walker in the thread of former Brisbane Lions player James Aish :confused:

Does not compute.

It was a direct response to a Jesse White vs Josh Walker discussion that had already kicked off.

Not your best effort Schrader. Becoming increasingly apparent what your intentions are in this thread.

Can understand Pies fans wanting to talk up their latest acquisitions but the vested interest in talking down the acquisitions of the trade partner is pretty interesting in a psychological sense.

The lack of a "moving on" mindset speaks to something deeper and underlying.

Y'all have been bitching about Buckley for over 20 years.

I travelled from Brisbane to the 2002 grand final on a bus full of Lions fans. They shared their grievance about Nathan at great length 8 years after the fact.

The deeper underlying thing this speaks to is hypocrisy, and this has been reinforced by the actions and words of your club in the past week

Strong join date to post ratio. Clearly someone needs to use an alias.
Not at all. I rarely come here. Mostly post on Nick's Bulletin Board on Collingwood matters. Last year a few training reports were re-posted here so I reactivated. Nothing sinister. I enjoyed the Brisbane thread on Aish and thought I'd pop in. ;)

Ha that's funny #Black&whiteAISHO

Pies should remember and take note aish is like the tin man , he has no heart, carne give him one either !

Should read the instructions before you buy ! Brisbane may have done better than you know, let's revisit this at seasons end !
That's odd. It seemed you wanted James Aish to stay at Brisbane for the past twelve months. Below are just a few examples. What's changed?
i think i would prefer a headline that says !

Aish extends stay at lions , than lions give pies pick 5 , 21 ,25 aish all the social club furniture and leppas barby for beams.

have a chat to him , do a deal for next year with a loading for a year of pain and suffering and move on
You certainly didn't want James Aish to be part of the Dayne Beams deal. Why if you feel he doesn't have any heart?
You know not once did the kid officially say he wanted out nor is there any statement about wanting to go to Collingwood , he attended all the club functions , took his pre season fitness plan and never said a word
About walking out !
Yet we have 110 pages here and over 250 in the lions forum. We all know his manager ! Enough said
Here you seem to be refusing the reality that James Aish wanted to go to Collingwood, even though you consider him to lack heart. Again you seemed very keen to keep him.
Well I think the club knows now and most likely has for a little while , just hasn't announced it. For what it's worth I think he is staying and I think today is the day to finally put an end to it
It seems you were very keen quite recently to keep James Aish despite his lack of heart. What's changed? Let me guess...the colour of his footy jumper has changed, so now he instantly lacks a heart. Am I right?

That is maybe because he did not like Playing for Brisbane and so he did not put in 100%

So... Karnezis clearly didn't like playing for Collingwood and didn't put in 100% there either?

Aish is way Better Prospect then PK.

Then your Coaches did not play Crisp much and he Finished 3rd in our B&F this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... Karnezis clearly didn't like playing for Collingwood and didn't put in 100% there either?

Karnezis.....I never liked him as a player. I couldn't understand why we accepted him. Was that pay pack? Maybe Paine heading the other way cancelled both of them out. A true lose/lose situation

Then your Coaches did not play Crisp much and he Finished 3rd in our B&F this year

If Brisbane didn't play Crisp in those four games at the end of 2014, I wonder if he'd still be in the AFL now. He was almost a certain delisting (remembering he came out of the rookie draft) until he showed his potential in those last few games. Good on him making it as a solid AFL player.

He's probably the biggest winner out of the Beams trade. He was close to joining Essendon after he requested a trade home until his name came up in the Beams trade.

If Brisbane didn't play Crisp in those four games at the end of 2014, I wonder if he'd still be in the AFL now. He was almost a certain delisting (remembering he came out of the rookie draft) until he showed his potential in those last few games. Good on him making it as a solid AFL player.

He's probably the biggest winner out of the Beams trade. He was close to joining Essendon after he requested a trade home until his name came up in the Beams trade.
Yeah in hindsight that trade is about as close to a win win as you can get. I'm led to believe that Crisp was always going to leave Brisbane even if offered another contract so, even though I enjoy taunting Brisbane about him, in some respect it's not a huge loss. Crispy deserves a lot of credit for fixing up the problems he had in his game. All preseason we heard how he's not a great kick and even our board draft guru was predicting that he'd be a seconds player/fringe best 22 at best.

As I was saying on our board, right now he is a midfielder with no real weakness - he's a great athlete for his height, terrific tackler and good ball user who kicks goals. I reckon if he can improve by 10-15% this season he becomes elite and that's not at all out of the question considering his age and rate of improvement over the last 2 seasons.

and Look what we did with Crisp this year;):D
I find it so funny that Collingwood fans try to claim credit for Crisp's breakout.

In the 2014 season:
- he went from averaging 10.8 disposals per game to 19 disposals per game
- went from a SC average of 45 to 87
- he tied for 6th in our B&F voting over the last 6 rounds...
- finished the year well in our best 22

And now Pies fans be like "one preseason with us and he's a gun!"

I find it so funny that Collingwood fans try to claim credit for Crisp's breakout.

In the 2014 season:
- he went from averaging 10.8 disposals per game to 19 disposals per game
- went from a SC average of 45 to 87
- he tied for 6th in our B&F voting over the last 6 rounds...
- finished the year well in our best 22

And now Pies fans be like "one preseason with us and he's a gun!"

Then what about Karnezis coming from you guys and Doing Nothing?

Then what about Karnezis coming from you guys and Doing Nothing?

You're confirming his point that Crisp was already breaking out before going to Collingwood and not much changed, and Karnezis was not breaking out before going to Collingwood and not much changed.

Yeah in hindsight that trade is about as close to a win win as you can get. I'm led to believe that Crisp was always going to leave Brisbane even if offered another contract so, even though I enjoy taunting Brisbane about him, in some respect it's not a huge loss. Crispy deserves a lot of credit for fixing up the problems he had in his game. All preseason we heard how he's not a great kick and even our board draft guru was predicting that he'd be a seconds player/fringe best 22 at best.

As I was saying on our board, right now he is a midfielder with no real weakness - he's a great athlete for his height, terrific tackler and good ball user who kicks goals. I reckon if he can improve by 10-15% this season he becomes elite and that's not at all out of the question considering his age and rate of improvement over the last 2 seasons.

A contract was on the table from us after he showed he could play at the level, but he was weighing up whether to come back to Victoria after getting an offer from Essendon. Ended up deciding to come back home, and that's when he was offered up in the Beams trade.

His kicking was decent at Brisbane too, kicked some nice goals with us. IMO, his main improvement this year is his consistency. He played as well at Collingwood as he did for Brisbane in those last few games, but he's been able to do it for a whole season.

I personally don't think he'll become elite, but he'll be a consistent contributor for Collingwood, and you need those type of players (like Shiels at Hawthorn). For me, De Goey is the one that could be elite. Thought he had as good a year as Brayshaw without the plaudits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back