Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dick measuring contest
Aish is a gun
Going to Collingwood
Aish is a spud
Line in the sand moment
Backflip
Beams is a gun
Going to Brisbane
Beams is a spud
Friday deadline
Backflip

Could keep going but it is pointless

How hypocritical are most of the Lions fans on their own threads especially , but even here.
They loved Aish i remember a week or 2 before the trade period were it looked like he may stay they were calling him a gun!
Now i have read posts from lions fans such as
1. "He will only be a average foot soldier"ac.

Aish will be a very good player. It's disappointing he didn't want to stay at the Lions, but we replaced him with a more experienced player, if perhaps not quite as talented, who will more than adequately fulfill the role Aish played for at least the next two or three seasons.

We also look like to have secured midfielder Ben Keays who, while it is early days yet, looks to be a very talented player and who could well be a future Brisbane Lions captain. As well as that we boosted our chances significantly of securing mooted Top 5 2016 draft pick Jacob Allison next year.

The Aish trade was a win / win as far as I'm concerned. Collingwood got their desired player, but the Lions benefited significantly as well. Three Queenslanders from the Academy virtually secured and a replacement senior 22 player, ready to take Aish's place from Round 1 of next year.

Last edited:

Sure, lets! Another premiership will be great thanks. A couple every fifteen years, I reckon most people would take it.

Collingwood have been a rabble for over 50 years. 2 flags, count them, 2, in over 50 years. For most of that time, you guys only had to beat 11 other teams. We won more than that in a row. Geez, the Hawks have won more than that in the last 3 years, against 17 other teams. You guys have rabble cornered, despite the massive financial and geographical advantages bestowed upon your club.
Our club a rabble? Your club folded and was relocated and now can't keep draftees longer than 2 years???

Our club a rabble? Your club folded and was relocated and now can't keep draftees longer than 2 years???

Look, if you're going to bring this into it...at least get it right. Not only being totally irrelevant to the discussion, the above bolded bit did not happen. And if you don't believe me, you come along to The Brunswick Street Oval in April next year and see it for yourself.

Aish will be a very good player. It's disappointing he didn't want to stay at the Lions, but we replaced him with a more experienced player, if perhaps not quite as talented, who will more than adequately fulfill the role Aish played for at least the next two or three seasons.

We also look like to have secured midfielder Ben Keays who, while it is early days yet, looks to be a very talented player and who could well be a future Brisbane Lions captain. As well as that we boosted our chances significantly of securing mooted Top 5 2016 draft pick Jacob Allison next year.

The Aish trade was a win / win as far as I'm concerned. Collingwood got their desired player, but the Lions benefited significantly as well. Three Queenslanders from the Academy virtually secured and a replacement senior 22 player, ready to take Aish's place from Round 1 of next year.
+1, win win imo.

Look forward for another win win next year when Danial Rich announces his intentions to play with Nathan.

Look, if you're going to bring this into it...at least get it right. Not only being totally irrelevant to the discussion, the above bolded bit did not happen. And if you don't believe me, you come along to The Brunswick Street Oval in April next year and see it for yourself.
tbh I'd prefer the folding and relocation option to relegation from the AFL to d3. Someone needs to do the counting but that has to be at least a 15 tier drop in level.

How hypocritical are most of the Lions fans on their own threads especially , but even here.
They loved Aish i remember a week or 2 before the trade period were it looked like he may stay they were calling him a gun!
Now i have read posts from lions fans such as
1. "He will only be a average foot soldier"
2"Lucky we traded him" comparing him to Carlton players 3."he will just be a poor mans Gibbs" 4" He will only be a poor mans Murphy"
Soon the spitefull Lions fans will call him a poor mans Vojo-Rainbow!
The bottom line Lions fans, Aish will come back and bite you in the arse! Its a fact! You will have nightmares and spewing in regards to him wanting to go to the Pies.
However if you let him go in the PSD you would have looked like idiots , at least now you got acadamy points for next year and we helped you get Basinac.

Just like if you asked on the Collingwood board their thoughts on Aish a month ago? Everything you said would have been said by the pies supporters, but probably alot more vulgar because youre pies supporters.

Nathan Freeman ;)

187336_e9d1a6041fbe7aa7c7ae5d44b2c57a1c.gif

Oh wait, Patrick Karnezis ;);)

Funny s**t. You picked out two blokes. One of which started with you guys and the other was injured the whole time, in order to make a point about our player development? #fail

I hope that wasn't your intention.

Funny s**t. You picked out two blokes. One of which started with you guys and the other was injured the whole time, in order to make a point about our player development? #fail

I hope that wasn't your intention.

Calls player development comparison and starts trotting out excuses when it's pointed out that wobbles have their turds too. Funny s**t indeed.

2 flags, count them, 2, in over 50 years. .

Or..... let's pick another time period. Two in the last 25 years. Or 1 in the last 5. When was Fitzroy's last premiership prior to your merger? Did the Bears ever win one?

But thanks for that utterly useful over repeated stat that Bigfooty likes to spew out from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1, win win imo.

Look forward for another win win next year when Danial Rich announces his intentions to play with Nathan.

If that is the case the Lions will be well compensated with another established player and more Draft picks for desired academy points, or perhaps a compensatory draft pick that will be higher than the one gained for Leuenberger, that will be used for Academy points as well. At least in a trade situation it won't be Seedsman mentioned ad nauseum this time.

Last edited:
tbh I'd prefer the folding and relocation option to relegation from the AFL to d3.

Tbh I don't. Fitzroy Football Club has remained in Melbourne, existing in its own right, at its traditional home and is doing what it was founded to do, representing the suburb of Fitzroy. 132 years old. The only club in football history to have played in the VFA, the VFL, AFL and the VAFA. Moreover I can (and do most of the time) go watch them play every Saturday. If I want AFL I can also follow a club with a Fitzroy connection, that commemorates the Fitzroy AFL history and identity in the current AFL.

Bottom line. Fitzroy neither folded. Nor did it relocate. Collingwood supporters use the "Bears" epithet for Brisbane as if they think they are insulting Brisbane. They're not. That's exactly what they are. Formed in 1987, not 1997 and still have the "Bears" in their official name.

Tbh I don't. Fitzroy Football Club has remained in Melbourne, existing in its own right, at its traditional home and is doing what it was founded to do, representing the suburb of Fitzroy. 132 years old. The only club in football history to have played in the VFA, the VFL, AFL and the VAFA. Moreover I can (and do most of the time) go watch them play every Saturday. If I want AFL I can also follow a club with a Fitzroy connection, that commemorates the Fitzroy AFL history and identity in the current AFL.

Bottom line. Fitzroy neither folded. Nor did it relocate. Collingwood supporters use the "Bears" epithet for Brisbane as if they think they are insulting Brisbane. They're not. That's exactly what they are. Formed in 1987, not 1997 and still have the "Bears" in their official name.

I don't want to get involved in this spat because it is getting ridiculous and I think your post is a good one. It's great that Fitzroy continues to exist and you have the opportunity to continue to follow them.

However, I do want to point out that your board has a rule that u will be red carded using the term 'Bears', which shows some of your mods are embarrassed by it. Which, incidentally, I think is sad.

Never mind, it looks like the thread has just degenerated into trolling all around now that trade week is done. No real point keeping it open. I'd like to thank all of those who kept their heads on their shoulders throughout all the posts leading up to the final trade. Plenty of good discussion, even if a lot of it was inevitably repetitive.

I get that you're excited Dave but not sure we want to get into the habit of bumping every old trade thread on the Drafts & Trading board with highlight YouTube videos. Let alone ones from an intraclub.

I think people want the front page of the drafts/trading board to be about topical draft/trade discussions.

I get that you're excited Dave but not sure we want to get into the habit of bumping every old trade thread on the Drafts & Trading board with highlight YouTube videos. Let alone ones from an intraclub.

I think people want the front page of the drafts/trading board to be about draft/trade discussions.

Jeez I think you've been overly polite the bump's a croc of s**t! Go for your life on the Collingwood board, but this is rubbish, IMO.

Jeez I think you've been overly polite the bump's a croc of s**t! Go for your life on the Collingwood board, but this is rubbish, IMO.

Hard not to like Dave's enthusiasm. Just needs to be channeled appropriately.

I think people want the front page of the drafts/trading board to be about topical draft/trade discussions.

Okay and I guess it will just Re-Ignite the Lions and Pies Posters going back to war against each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back