The Jazz bf thread

Remove this Banner Ad

[YOUTUBE]ec-FrnaU0rs[/YOUTUBE]

Here is Oscar Peterson, in my non-encyclopaedic opinion the finest pianist I have heard, and by all accounts a fine human being, dropping some knowledge on the Dick Cavett show.

masada (john zorn). most of his work i have is without the guitarist

[YOUTUBE]pJkmTdoYQYE[/YOUTUBE]

'fritz the cat' introduced me to billie holiday

[YOUTUBE]1Hkakz0jmew[/YOUTUBE]

astrud gilberto (and getz)

[YOUTUBE]3jrJ5mcCshw[/YOUTUBE]

miles davis of course. coltrane.

only recently started getting into (it's not easy) albert ayler

[YOUTUBE]-_l-D7Ly9b4[/YOUTUBE]

paul horn. presenter smoking on tv, classic.

[YOUTUBE]FaRCkR_arAI[/YOUTUBE]

My god you're an attention seeker.
pretty sure I'm not the only one having a chuckle at that one. You are without a doubt the biggest attention seeker on the whole of BigFooty.

You go out of your way to make private friends with blokes and when they don't pay you enough attention you get upset and start making s**t up about them. AN example might be spreading a rumour that a certain poster is a school janitor.

Why contribute to a thread about music you don't like... seriously ? :rolleyes:
I quite like Jazz and have heard about 70% ofnthe stuff mentioned on this thread.

Not sure why you are getting upset over a light hearted chuckle at Jazzy Jeff's expense?

The Necks have never made piano jazz as most people know it, but they are equally amazing either way. My favourite album of theirs is Chemist, which avoids their normal 1 hour song tracklist and goes for 3 x 20 minute tracks. It ends with Abillera, which builds up slowly and almost enters a post-rock type phase towards it's finale.
Sure, it's like nothing else in this thread, but it is amazing either way.

[youtube]-E6baPefAUo[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]JpKyrmh4HT8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hZOXKgoZTRo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7aoHb9XdrUE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0-HGgayTtBg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IpQzyefftgY[/YOUTUBE]

Got a vinyl record of this band and love it.

It's called Big Band Memories.

Clarinet player is famed vocalist from the pop group The Loved Ones-Gerry Humphries.

The Necks have never made piano jazz as most people know it, but they are equally amazing either way. My favourite album of theirs is Chemist, which avoids their normal 1 hour song tracklist and goes for 3 x 20 minute tracks. It ends with Abillera, which builds up slowly and almost enters a post-rock type phase towards it's finale.
Sure, it's like nothing else in this thread, but it is amazing either way.

[youtube]-E6baPefAUo[/youtube]

Gee - I didn't think they would ever sell out !!!!

I saw Chris Abrahams (of The Necks) live a last month and he did a solo performance on piano. It was essentially 2 pieces of about an hour each but never once became boring. The Necks are amazing live.

Gee - I didn't think they would ever sell out !!!!

I saw Chris Abrahams (of The Necks) live a last month and he did a solo performance on piano. It was essentially 2 pieces of about an hour each but never once became boring. The Necks are amazing live.
This was released in 05 so they went back to their own format. 3 x 20 works just as effectively though.

I will check it out for sure. My wife loved The Boys soundtrack but finds other Necks albums a bit too much difficult listening. This one might bring her around !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for some of my fusion contributions.....

[youtube]a_OEJ0wqt2g[/youtube]

[youtube]nnQ7oszKZ60[/youtube]

[youtube]Mdnl5DrwcN4[/youtube]

[youtube]ba6ZHS5z5Rs[/youtube]

[youtube]9dmX2uhQrZs[/youtube]

For the John McLaughlin haters....

[youtube]QL70uUkWF-o[/youtube]

Moar....

[youtube]avwXET5ippQ[/youtube]

[youtube]h4WJuLeHCCs[/youtube]

[youtube]bUb_TaUOTaA[/youtube]

[youtube]JfchN7G-oQk[/youtube]

[youtube]NNXfk4qXQgc[/youtube]

[youtube]nmtnWtazvuQ[/youtube]

Wow, you've gone all out man! :)

Some great classics amongst those. I'm glad you put Electric Rendezvous in there. For any aspiring jazz guitarist, this should be as common as Autumn Leaves. (That's my serious face, for the day.) :eek:

missed this thread :/

been in melb all week, mostly @ bar 20 and spearmint. I think melb has adel covered there. They didn't play any jazz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back