The Jazz bf thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate putting full albums up but this record is rare as hen's teeth,I do own a copy but a bit worse for wear unfortunately but a classic fusion/jazz /experimental record by some of Australia's (Hirschfelder,Jones,Venier) and New Zealand's (McLaughlin) greatest musicians.

A shame this record has not been remastered on cd.

Don Burrows,fantastic Sydney multi instrumentalist plays flute on Sunshower as well.

That was magnificent. Gonna work my way through your others now !

That was magnificent. Gonna work my way through your others now !
That aint me on the you tube,the only one I found on you tube.

I have the album on vinyl ABC records and it sounds great but skips here and there.

I’ve tried countless times to convert it to flac.

That aint me on the you tube,the only one I found on you tube.

I have the album on vinyl ABC records and it sounds great but skips here and there.

I’ve tried countless times to convert it to flac.

Listening to the John Mclaughlin one now. He's from my hometown :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't listen to much new stuff but was recommended by someone the work by Binker and Moses. Great sound. So, I um, recommend them as well.

Saw James Morrison and Kurt Elling last night.

Incredibly polished and perfect performance. Morrison played, trumpet, piano and trombone. The brilliant Troy Roberts was on tenor sax and Grant Windsor on piano. 2 great Perth jazz musicians that I was watching 15/20 years ago. Both, away from Perth nowadays but still at the top of their game. Morrison's sons were excellent on guitar and bass. Didn't catch the drummer's name but he was outstanding. 2 fantastic drum solos.

Elling is not everybody's cup of tea. His singing voice is like honey. So smooth and controlled. His scatting and vocalese is sometimes a bit too much for me, but his ratio of words to noise was about right last night. Been voted best jazz vocalist in the world 12 times so he is doing a lot right.

Morrison and Elling together are a treat. Great at what they do, but have a lot of fun doing it and bring the crowd along with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back