MRP / Trib. The Jeremy McGovern TRIBUNAL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any precedent for a player being concussed and the impact being rated as low?

Essendon will stand by their call that he was concussed surely, which won't help us.

I don’t have the data, but gut feel would say no. They’ll work out a punishment and work backwards any time a concussion comes in to play.

It won’t change during or as a result of our appeal, but the outcomes based approach is still farcical. Bellchambers’ was far worse than anything that McGovern did, and if Shuey has been concussed or broken his neck Bellchambers gets the longest holiday of the year, but Shuey got up and Guelfi didn’t so I would expect the AFL will try to hold firm. I still don’t see what avenue they can take other than diminishing the impact, they won’t get the head high decision overturned.

How has Amon picked up a week? They ran into each other because neither was looking where they’re going and Rohan being made of paper has come off second best. Christian needs to go

Ah you see it was because Amon “elected to bump” according to Christian in that video, so he has to be rubbed out.

Bellchambers on the other hand...

I don’t have the data, but gut feel would say no. They’ll work out a punishment and work backwards any time a concussion comes in to play.

It won’t change during or as a result of our appeal, but the outcomes based approach is still farcical. Bellchambers’ was far worse than anything that McGovern did, and if Shuey has been concussed or broken his neck Bellchambers gets the longest holiday of the year, but Shuey got up and Guelfi didn’t so I would expect the AFL will try to hold firm. I still don’t see what avenue they can take other than diminishing the impact, they won’t get the head high decision overturned.

There is no footage of his head hitting the fence though. Surely that’s something?

So Essendon put a player with suspected concussion in a taxi. Seems legit
It seems like we may get screwed again by the old 'delayed concussion'. I think this will be the 3rd time.

From memory the previous 2 came back on the ground. The important thing is that the concussion is delayed enough for players to fly, but not too delayed to fit the MRO timeline requirements.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the sticking point, the one we will win it with, will be the "high contact" charge.
As McGovern didnt even touch his head, how could it be high contact?

They are saying hus head hit the fence not Gov.

Our argument then should be a) if that stupid chair wasnt there he may not have hit his head and b) the collision occurred in the boudsry line what else was he going to do and finally c) why didnt the stadiym bring the boundary line in more to avoid this?

I wonder who our expert witness on plastic chair collision injuries might be?
And our long game comes to fruition with the entry of one C. Judd to the experts stand. Highly trained and respected Visy Plastics staff member. Knows his placcy chairs inside out, backwards and upside down.

So the end result depends on the thickness of your skull. Hmm.

I would think you could argue that his actions are reasonable in the circumstance. The secondary motion is a reflex, it happens half a dozen times in the field especially when you approach a bump more front on than side on. He made contact inside the field of play, probably .2 or .3 of a second before he disposes of the ball.

Also the fact that he hits the chair may have caused enough pain/obstruction to stop him from bracing his hands to the fence.

The fact that the vision is limited could help us formulate a good argument.

50/50 on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back