MRP / Trib. The Jeremy McGovern TRIBUNAL Thread

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it my conspiracy mind but is this the most suspensions for the mid way of a season we have ever had ?

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
lol
So let's summarise the tribunal of 2019.

Allowed:
Headbutts (Walters)
Elbows (GAblett x2)
Stomping (Redman)
Deliberate Hip & shoulder to head (Bellchambers)
Punching behind play (Dangerfield x2)

Not allowed:
Playing for West Coast
Cheering loudly

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
It wouldn’t have mattered even if we had Clarence Darrow representing Gov - this is the result AFL always wanted.
We were never going to win this appeal as the Tribunal had already marked Guv's card. At the end of the day it was a waste of time and money, particularly once I heard that the Club wanted a meeting with Gil and Christian, to which they refused. That was when I knew there was no chance Guv would get off or get a fine. Their ego's got in the way!

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm watching VFL 360 and Gerard Whately and Mark Robbo tried their best to get the Jack Reiwoldt and Jordan Lewis to agree with the tribunal but they weren't having it. The players feel Gov was hard done by.

Interesting how Whately just changes the subject when he knows he is losing an argument.
Whatley fervently hates WC and also parrots the AFL line worse than anyone in the comp. Hes a temendously weak willed individual who everyone should see as an enemy of the game and the way it's played. Not a shred of integrity

State of the ******* game my arse Gerard

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
lol
So let's summarise the tribunal of 2019.

Allowed:
Headbutts (Walters)
Elbows (GAblett x2)
Stomping (Redman)
Deliberate Hip & shoulder to head (Bellchambers)
Punching behind play (Dangerfield x2)

Not allowed:
Playing for West Coast
Cheering loudly
Has any team had more suspect suspensions for footballing acts? Recently its been tackles x3, bumps x2 this bullcrud with McGovern... meanwhile all around there's elboes, stomps, headbutts and potential neck breakers getting the all clear. It is bias. Straight up we are getting shafted by these arse clowns.

Last edited:

JackDoff

Senior List
Apr 22, 2012
South Coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
All jokes aside, the small distance between the boundary and the LED advertising sign is an issue
What is an even bigger issue is how goons in chairs and some with huge telephoto lenses are allowed inside the fence. The AFL are clearly providing an unsafe work place and need to be held accountable.. A competent lawyer would have a field day with McGoverns suspension in a civil court as opposed to a AFL kangaroo court.

beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
Defence lawyer is a joke sack him get a new one. I'm very close ******* the AFL off it's becoming a joke

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Time to get a better lawyer.
Why do we keep engaging david grace? He's a joke.
Take a deep breath and calm down.
We have the privilege of having one of the most eminent criminal silks in the country arguing for us at the tribunal.
He's not a joke - he's an exceptionally skilled advocate who is regularly flown over to WA to appear in our courts, such is his reputation.
You're just upset - there's no need to be d***heads.

Back