MRP / Trib. The Jeremy McGovern TRIBUNAL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The suspension sucks but let's keep our heads. Hawthorn is one of the weakest teams for KPP and we have plenty of depth to cover Gov this week. If all goes well, Barass can slot straight into that role. If not, they can drop Allen back and reshuffle so Shep or Hurn can take over. We'll be fine.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Ablett, a favourite son of the tribunal would not even of gotten reported for what McGovern got a week for.
Steve hocking garrys mate pretty much has his hand up Christian's ass using him like he is a ventriloquist dummy .

So no surprises their .

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
His only fault is expecting that evidence and reason matter at all in the AFL.
Not with Vince McLachlan running the show anyway
MilkyGrandioseGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Come on guys. Getting Walters back is massive for Freo, they are after all playing Carlton this week.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Get Miguel Sanchez to represent us next time.

I too am of the opinion David Grace QC sucks.

Every time i listen to his bewildering arguments trying to get our players off i always scratch my head as he inevitably fails.

I have been told by legal mates that when going to jury duty dress sharp and read a book so you look intelligent, the lawyers don’t want people on a jury they can’t confuse.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Sucks he is out for that, but the MRO and tribunal have always been chook lotto, won't be the worst thing for Gov to have a rest. Hawks are not that tall, and if TB isn't risked, just play Rotham down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StateOE

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Take a deep breath and calm down.
We have the privilege of having one of the most eminent criminal silks in the country arguing for us at the tribunal.
He's not a joke - he's an exceptionally skilled advocate who is regularly flown over to WA to appear in our courts, such is his reputation.
You're just upset - there's no need to be d***heads.

Reputation doesnt mean anything if he can't achieve results.

My comment was based on his recent history in arguing points that makes you scratch your head wondering why?

If u ask a mechanic to change your tyres and he changes your engine wouldnt you be annoyed?

Don't think that justifies calling us dheads

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not surprised with the result, I didn't think he'd get off.

Most similar hits/pushes into the fence don't result in any injury, Gov just got unlucky that this one did. Like it or not, the impact of the action on the victim is taken into account when deciding the penalty. Same goes in real life.

Remember that 2006 comeback game against the cats at KP? Mooney pushed Hunter over the boundary and the poor bugger went head first into the cats' concrete dugout. He had all manner of cuts and bruises but got bandaged up, came back on and you campaigners know what happened next.

The chair argument was an interesting one - I missed the whole hearing but as I understand it the argument was essentially that the chair was an intervening factor unknown to Gov (unlike the fence, which is always there) which had a bearing on the impact of his actions. It was worth running I think but I'm sure our counsel would've put the prospects of success at less than 50%. No additional week's suspension at risk so worth a stab. The $10k price + Grace's fees aint gonna make a dent in our bank account.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Get Miguel Sanchez to represent us next time.

I too am of the opinion David Grace QC sucks.

Every time i listen to his bewildering arguments trying to get our players off i always scratch my head as he inevitably fails.
I think thats the problem. In front of a proper court with a judge, his arguments are understood.
In front of the Parochial Victorian Sitting of the Peanuts, his arguments fly well over the heads of partially brain damaged ex footballers who had not much to start with.
Result was predetermined anyway but still worth paying the 10k to have a dig at the AFL about their sh1tty garden furniture.

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
So who have we had suspended this year so far?

McGovern for a push :whitecheck:
Rioli for a sling tackle :whitecheck:
Jetta for a sling tackle :whitecheck:
Vardy for being terrible, also a bump i think 🤷‍♂️

Not bad in what, 13 games? Arrogant.
I think it's great. Rolling one week suspensions to help keep the players fresh. Nice try AFL, B2B confirmed. :thumbsu:

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I think it's great. Rolling one week suspensions to help keep the players fresh. Nice try AFL, B2B confirmed. :thumbsu:

The problem being of a West Coast player gets sighted in a finals game then we know the charge will stick no matter how iffy the charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back