The JIMMY BARNES 'National Treasure' appreciation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Required

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1st we'll just get over the 'jimmy is nothing but a screamer' tag. In this video he is 66 years old.

Here is Jimmy, xmas day i believe, in his loungeroom last year during covid, keeping people entertained. He sings a few songs in this video, but at 31.30 he sings 'The Rose' Famously sung by Bette Midler. Hed blow her sox off even at 66yo.

• Banned
Here, a young American vocalist hears Barnsie and Farnsie for the 1st time.. "who are these guys...". "greatest male vocalists of all time.."

Last edited:

• Banned
Sam, from the American iconic 'Sam and Dave', singing together with Jimmy on Jimmys new album 'Soul deep 30' (30 years after his 1st soul deep album). Sam is 89yo....!! Jimmy 66yo. A combined 155 years. Absolutely nail it. Listen to the original version by Sam and Dave, then this version.. Are these two are like fine wine, and improved with age?

• Banned
Jimmy singing AC/DC, 'long way to the top' in his loungeroom. Playing bag pipes as well..

Here, a young American vocalist hears Barnsie and Farnsie for the 1st time.. "who are these guys...". "greatest male vocalists of all time.."

reactions like this make me realise how much we take our local music scene (and the era we grew up in) for granted. thanks for posting the video!

reactions like this make me realise how much we take our local music scene (and the era we grew up in) for granted. thanks for posting the video!

I'll admit, while i grew up listening to his music, i never appreciated how good a vocalist Jimmy is. I just thought he had a good voice for rock. And you are right, we really dont appreciate our talent here.

You'll never walk alone.. Wife on guitar, daughter backup, grandson on piano, Teddy does a cameo. In Jimmys loungeroom. Sings it better than the original.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back