Preview The JLT Community Series - Week 1 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 18 Feb @ 4:40pm, Whitten Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Why is Watts missing? Injured? Ditto Frost.
Watts I'd imagine is structure. Hogan, Weideman and both Gawn and Spencer playing, meaning one will probably spend time forward, so too many talls.

Frost out for Garland I suppose? Dogs with generally a smaller forward line ... If thats the case ... we're going for a win.

How i see Melbourne defensive line up
Boyd- T. McDonald
Cloke- O.McDonald
Stringer- Hunt
Crameri- Melksham
Mclean- Salem
Jong- Vince
Vince will be ways to slow for Jong

only maybe wagner is the only "defender" you have left

I like Joel Smith on a wing/high forward
I feel Vince and Hunt would switch, while Vince isn't as athletic he seems likely to suck Stringer into the contest.

Honestly though, as much as i don't like Wagner, i'd rather him play on jong rather than Vince. We'd get exposed far to much with Vince

I feel Vince and Hunt would switch, while Vince isn't as athletic he seems likely to suck Stringer into the contest.

Honestly though, as much as i don't like Wagner, i'd rather him play on jong rather than Vince. We'd get exposed far to much with Vince
true but who ever is playing on stringer needs to have a good workrate since he will be pushing really high this year. Same goes to Crameri.

How many on the bench for the preseason? 8?
Yes, teams will be allowed to have eight players on the bench with unlimited rotations.

So with 28 named, and a 26 man squad, two to be omitted at some stage. Trengove and Garland. But its JLT round 1 so I'm not going to melt if that's not how it plays out.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yes, teams will be allowed to have eight players on the bench with unlimited rotations.

So with 28 named, and a 26 man squad, two to be omitted at some stage. Trengove and Garland. But its JLT round 1 so I'm not going to melt if that's not how it plays out.
I really hope Trengove plays ... need to see if he's still got it in the JLT, rather than find it out in the season proper when there is something on the line.

All not playing

Watts
Tyson
Hibberd
Kent
Frost
Hannan
Pederson
Hulett
Mitch King
Ben Ken
Jetta
McKenna
T Smith
White
Keilty
Filopovic
Maynard

Joel Smith the only rookie getting a run

The notable outs:

Hibberd, Kent (inj), Tyson (inj), Pedersen, Jetta, Frost, Watts
Midfield at full strength bar Tyson by the looks of it...

Love how the AFL site doesnt list Watts or Tyson as notable absentees

Some interesting History, The last time Melbourne played at the Western Oval was back in 1996, and Footscray wasn't the opponent. Not only was the it our last clash at the venue, but it was also the last time we'd play Fitzroy as an opponent

Also Jordan Lewis's first opposition in demon colours is the same as his last at Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back