The Joker Movie starring Joaqin Pheonix October 2019 release

Remove this Banner Ad

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks great. Acting, Cinematography but for some reason I’m still only mildly interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't watch previews of films I plan on seeing early if I can help it and Joker wasn't one of those. That trailer has convinced me I want to see this movie. Good job trailer.

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looks breathtaking, could it be the first in a Three Jokers trilogy? Sadly there haven't been enough standalone comic book character studies since the Aunt May movie got canned but this teases the palate more than my mistress

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
The film has strong The King of Comedy and Taxi Driver vibes. And that’s before having De Niro actually in this movie. Scorsese was said to be involved early in the piece and can certainly see the homage to his work.

Really enjoying the transition of Joaquin, everything from his gait to the way he talks, mumbles, slouches etc. You see the confidence, the belonging almost, when he has found his identity as Joker.

The man is a phenomenal actor, I can’t see him not crushing this role. The question mark of course remains Todd Phillips, however everything else appears on point. The cinematography I must say is a standout, looks an amazing take on Gotham.

Can not wait for this. Will be there opening day, opening session.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Another great trailer. Glad there’s a bit more edge to him in this one. In the first one he seemed like a simpleton who cracks.

There are a few key plot points clearly showing up in both trailers:
  1. His sessions with the shrink and her turning on him
  2. Budding relationship that presumably ends in disaster
  3. Weird relationship with mum which also presumably ends in disaster
  4. Joker inspiring some disaffected followers
  5. A failed standup career leading him to De Niro - suspect that TV appearance will not end well
  6. A direct rivalry with Thomas Wayne who presumably represents Old Gotham and Joker the opposite
Hope they’ve kept some cards up their sleeves.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
I've got to say that the trailers for this film are amazing. Joaquin is an amazing actor - the intensity.
He’s done his homework. He’s not alienating Ledgers take on it and creating at the same time.
That takes skill.
He’s done what he likes.
His Johnny Cash was awesome.

they are flogging a dead horse with this one.

I love the Joker as a character but give it a reast for a while imo

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
A failed standup career leading him to De Niro - suspect that TV appearance will not end well

I’ll be on the edge of my seat with this scene, I have huge TDKR vibes from the set up. Particularly with the De Niro character mocking him to his audience.

s**t is going to real here.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry to be a debbie downer but I think this looks terrible! Super edgy and taking itself way too seriously. But hopefully either actually good or so bad it's good territory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back