The Joker, The Police

Remove this Banner Ad

So, you go to a dress up party in King St, Melbourne dressed as The Joker. As part of your costume you have a replica plastic gun. Police enter the party after reports of a man with a gun.

Do you:-
A) Pull the gun out and point it at police.
B) Keep your hands away from your body and explain that this is a misunderstanding and allow the police to reach for the gun and examine it.

Allegedly A happened today.
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...b/news-story/b865dfd7f84a080ee78566e09d7f1bdb

B

Why on earth would you pull the gun out and point it directly at police in these trigger happy times

I wonder who called the police in the first place if it had been cleared by security in the first place unless of course they've shot the wrong gun carrying guy

You know what they say about a man's gun...
tumblr_nbrqsucwyE1rrkahjo2_500.gif

Seriously though, hope the guy makes a full recovery. Terrible misunderstanding.

Vic police, heroes of the hour again.

"A number of police options were used after he was shot."

Bizarre quote.

Dumb * thing for the guy to do for sure.

Unless the guy is a violent offender known to police at the scene then surely the context of the situation should have jumped out and slapped the police in the face. Geez.

The woman that got shot is going to have a good pay day one suspects. Like winning tattslotto style :eek:

My guess is he's gone to the toilet or outside for a smoke and someone not part of the event has seen the gun and called 000.

The Joker, clearly not thinking straight pulls the gun on police.

If you're the police officer, you don't have a heap of time to assess whether it's real or fake. A dark bar scenario wouldn't aid identification.

Can hardly blame the policeman in this situation.

That said I hope The Joker makes a speedy recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an amateur film maker that often finds myself with pretend guns in public places (and sometimes real knives - honestly easier to get a hold of than fake ones), what a ******* idiot if he's pulled it out and aimed at a copper.

Of course, he may have been playing and that the police weren't real, and also costumed, but gee, you just can't take that chance.

It's also poor form by the coppers too. A shitshow all round. Hope everyone makes a full recovery.

Sent from mTalk

More importantly what type of party was this? Compromising situation when police raided'.

The owner of the venue is not going to be making many friends and in fact putting her name and that of Inflation into the back of certain people's minds next time they visit her establishment on an official business.

This is proving the proverb right that says "when there is doubt, there is no doubt!"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...-at-melbourne-nightclub-costume-party/8689944

"
Police 'over-reacted', nightclub owner says
Nightclub owner Martha Tsamis said in a statement police had "overreacted" to the report, which she claimed was made anonymously.

She said security staff were not concerned by the man.

"Security verified that a plastic toy accessory was displayed to, and passed by security and this information was given to police on arrival," she said."

These claims repeated on TV. Seems she lodged a complaint about the Police conducting a drug bust last week... I'd steer clear of Inflation Nightclub for a while ;)

The owner of the venue is not going to be making many friends and in fact putting her name and that of Inflation into the back of certain people's minds next time they visit her establishment on an official business

Official Business? It's the biggest shithole of a nightclub on the dodgiest street in Melbourne.

I wouldn't be going anywhere near there. Who knows what you might sit on or rest your arm on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back