Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
We had Darcy coming through the ranks nicely when we traded for Lobb.
Lobb has averaged 15 hit outs a game (all to the other team most likely).

But at least Lobb’s kicking bags up forward with a massive 35 goals 29 behinds in 34 game for us hey

A goal a game from a ruck/forward is actually pretty good and better than what most ruck/forwards manage.

The only Ruck/Forward in the last 30 years to average more than a goal a game was Kurt Tippett.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

jimboslice

Senior List
Mar 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Cleveland Cavaliers
A goal a game from a ruck/forward is actually pretty good and better than what most ruck/forwards manage.

The only Ruck/Forward in the last 30 years to average more than a goal a game was Kurt Tippett.

Lobb doesn’t average a goal a game for his career

Now Tippett would be worth the money. Or so would Brad Ottens (who also averaged more than a goal a game for his career by the way 🤔)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
That’s great but that’s 💩! Definitely needs to be promoted onto the main list. I swear Freo can be too smart for their own good.
Probably will after the delistings. Some arrangement has been made.
Hughes has played nearly every game of the past 4 seasons, and all from the Rookie list. Depends on how much Treacy will be contracted for

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Or just his first forwards coach at AFL level... who's he got to compare him to?
It could be that simple but it's possible his connections with other coaches at other clubs allow him insight, I'd imagine he'd have been part of team meeting discussions, plus add in how he was coached too, as a player, a lot of the time as a forward.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lobb doesn’t average a goal a game for his career

Now Tippett would be worth the money. Or so would Brad Ottens (who also averaged more than a goal a game for his career by the way 🤔)
Lobb has played a decent amount of games both for GWS and Freo as first ruck rather than ruck-forward.

From the FFC website:

“I want to be a very team orientated player. I like to bring others into the game and work others in. If I’m not impacting on the scoreboard or possessions wise, that doesn’t overly bother me as long as I can contribute in other ways,” Treacy said.

“It’s bringing the ball to ground or laying a tackle, things like that. Getting in the way of Lobby’s opponent or Tabs' opponent so they can get a good look. That’s something that I pride myself on.”

Bugger me I wanna marry the bloke... And I'm straight as hell!! 🥰🥰😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
NTTAWWT!

Are match payments a set $4k a game or can they get more than that?
They can agree to any term for next season and beyond. It's only the initial contract that follows AFL standard and the only difference being on the rookie lost is the first 80k or so of your deal is excluded from the cap.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty easy playing alongside Franklin and Reid. Once the going got tough, he quit
How do you explain his time in Adelaide? You don't have to like the bloke but his figures are pretty hard to argue with.

178 games
10 h/o
11 disposlas
4 marks (1.7 contested)
1.8 goals
1.1 behinds

Reckon 18 teams would be pretty happy with that from their 2nd ruck.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
They can agree to any term for next season and beyond. It's only the initial contract that follows AFL standard and the only difference being on the rookie lost is the first 80k or so of your deal is excluded from the cap.

Could be a bit of motivation for him then

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
How do you explain his time in Adelaide? You don't have to like the bloke but his figures are pretty hard to argue with.

178 games
10 h/o
11 disposlas
4 marks (1.7 contested)
1.8 goals
1.1 behinds

Reckon 18 teams would be pretty happy with that from their 2nd ruck.
As an interesting aside, Tippett went at pick 32 in the 2006 draft.
We look Clayton Collard at pick 31, he played one game and was actually delisted after one season which is also curious, thought ND picks got 2 years automatically 🤔🤔

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
As an interesting aside, Tippett went at pick 32 in the 2006 draft.
We look Clayton Collard at pick 31, he played one game and was actually delisted after one season which is also curious, thought ND picks got 2 years automatically 🤔🤔
they do now but they didn't used to

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle

Kepler Bradley did at Freo.

Played more as defender/generell utility at Essendon from memory.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Define Ruck / Forward?

Eg. Peter Wright is averaging 1.2 goals per game across 6 seasons (is currently a little bit below this this year).

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Just a note on Treacy, he is 18, still growing.Men continue to grow until 24, so I have been told.He could grow another three inches, 7.62 centimetres.His body shape will change he will add weight , he will get stronger.If he is a beast now, by the tike he is 24, he will be a giant.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a note on Treacy, he is 18, still growing.Men continue to grow until 24, so I have been told.He could grow another three inches, 7.62 centimetres.His body shape will change he will add weight , he will get stronger.If he is a beast now, by the tike he is 24, he will be a giant.
He is 194cm at the moment.

I hope I'm wrong but he is seems a mature body and can't see how growth in him.

Back