Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed the team was kicking to Treacy over Lobb as the game went on longer. Can't blame them
Definitely would have been the instruction as Lobb was getting double & triple teamed at times in the first half.

Another apparent instruction at half time was to move the ball on quicker as well with both Lobb & Treacy being hit up more easily with only 1 opponent trailing & no third man up in the third quarter.

I know I said josh treacy and henry to have break out games before the match against the western bulldogs, but i believe josh treacy has a clear level above what he displayed. henry showed signs again. henry didn't have a touch in the last quarter.

That wasn't henry's break-out. that wasn't treacy's break-out.

I think treacy's break-out is 5+ goals. That game against the western bulldogs wasn't it.

Get as many games as possible into this kid. I don't care, if he is fit to play then you have him in the team, same with Henry at this point. These two are going to be huge parts of our forward line in the future and pumping as many games as possible into them is absolutely the right move.

I know I said josh treacy and henry to have break out games before the match against the western bulldogs, but i believe josh treacy has a clear level above what he displayed. henry showed signs again. henry didn't have a touch in the last quarter.

That wasn't henry's break-out. that wasn't treacy's break-out.

I think treacy's break-out is 5+ goals. That game against the western bulldogs wasn't it.
The last quarter was a mess. Couldn’t get it forward once Fyfe, Darcy went down. Bulldogs just put 3-4 behind the ball and capitalised. Want to see Henry with a forward line of Tabs/Treacy/Lobb, then it’ll function better

Lobb is better as the 3rd tall.
Then you will see why he is paid a lot.
Only for 1 more year though.
Treacy as 2nd tall I reckon he's up for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treacy is our FF. Tabs can lead from CHF up the wings to bring the ball up. But I love seeing Treacy leading straight out from the goals all angry and menacing as he hits the ball and anyone in the way.

Tabs can't pressure though, which seems less of an issue at FF. Treacy is surprisingly mobile and tackles like a beast, perfect for CHF. Add Lobb as roaming 3rd tall (as suggested earlier), and you have yourself a potentially potent set of talls that'll stretch even the best defence.

Must say though, this kid looks the real deal, very impressive game Sunday. Him coming on will also free up space all over the forward 50 for the smalls to operate in (can't wait for Sturt to get back next year) - just need to get the team cherry-ripe (I acknowledge this may never happen), see expected improvement in the young brigade, and we're going to be a tough team to beat.

Treacy is our FF. Tabs can lead from CHF up the wings to bring the ball up. But I love seeing Treacy leading straight out from the goals all angry and menacing as he hits the ball and anyone in the way.
Really believe that’s suited for Lobb. Let him take grabs on the wing. Less risk/more chances of hitting the boundary. Lobb then can ruck, pressure etc.
Treacy and Tabs can work in tandem at FF

We have to remember also that Treacy had no football at all last season. Then to come into a brand new way of playing , has not made his job any easier.
He is a quick learner, and when he settles properly, he will leave some sore bodies laying around with his attack at marking.Oh amns also his tackling.
He is a real bonus for us.
Aaaaannnd he can kick straight.

Treacy and Tabs. Treacy to FF and leading straight up. Tabs in right forward pocket/flank as his left foot from that side is deadly. Lobb to interchange between treacy, Taberner and Darcy.

Longmuir said that Tabs will be 50/50 for this w/end game
This has become a very irritating trend from the club in the last year or two.
Player x gets injured. Listed as a probably for the following week or a test etc. 50:50. Blah blah blah.
Player Ends up missing 3-4 weeks of footy.
Over and over and over again it happens.
I’d rather if they just said 2 weeks ago that Tabs is going to miss a month. We’d all be annoyed and disappointed but get over it.
Then if he became available sooner it’s a pleasant surprise.
constantly the opposite though. Overpromise and under deliver.
When will they realise its just pisses the fans off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back