Opinion The joys and madnesses of relationships...

Remove this Banner Ad

* May or may not have made the girl friend bit up :p
Knew it. :p

Seriously though, all the best with it.

My bird’s gonna get a cutlery set for Christmas. Knives and forks, but being a Carlton supporter I won’t have to worry about the spoons.

Reintroduction of the Swearing Jar

Noted to the princeling that swearing had again reached unacceptable levels in the household. He agreed and wrote 'Swearing Jar' with a black Sharpie on a rectangular Tupperware container (hardly a jar FFS but I remained silent not wanting to discourage his initiative).

We agreed that every time I swore I would place 50 cents in the jar (this is my self-improvement project not his). To further motivate me not to swear, I agreed that he would keep the cash.

Night 1: 10pm to 11.15pm swore 6 x

Morning car trip 1: 7.30am to 8.20am swore 4 x (seriously, how hard is it to let you across a lane)

Work: swore 4 x

Evening: went to the gym and was running on the treadmill at a pace that would thrash Kyle on the tan but would not get close to Gosling Phillips. Anyway, the princeling walked passed and slyly pulled out the emergency cord, stopping the tready with a jolt. I was startled and let fly $2.50 worth of expletives.

Not bad, first 24 hours and I had only contributed $9.50 to the jar.

Today I have only racked up a $1 as I re-discover more creative ways to deliver insults.

Noted to the princeling that swearing had again reached unacceptable levels in the household. He agreed and wrote 'Swearing Jar' with a black Sharpie on a rectangular Tupperware container (hardly a jar FFS but I remained silent not wanting to discourage his initiative).

We agreed that every time I swore I would place 50 cents in the jar (this is my self-improvement project not his). To further motivate me not to swear, I agreed that he would keep the cash.

Morning car trip 1: 7.30am to 8.20am swore 4 x (seriously, how hard is it to let you across a lane)

Evening: went to the gym and was running on the treadmill at a pace that would thrash Kyle on the tan but would not get close to Gosling Phillips. Anyway, the princeling walked passed and slyly pulled out the emergency cord, stopping the tready with a jolt. I was startled and let fly $2.50 worth of expletives.

Today I have only racked up a $1 as I re-discover more creative ways to deliver insults.
LOL WBW.
I would be bankrupt in a day.
I have taught my workers and my business partner here some English.
True story this is how we greet each other in the morning.
Business partner: "Phuuuuck off. Get phucked"
Me: "phuuuck you"

I'm so proud of my teaching skills.

FFS Walter, WTF is the point of a swearing jar? It can GAGF as far as I'm concerned. I'm an angry bogan Pies supporter, and I can f'ken swear as f'ken often as I f'ken like (without repercussions and having to pay for it).:D

FFS Walter, WTF is the point of a swearing jar? It can GAGF as far as I'm concerned. I'm an angry bogan Pies supporter, and I can f'ken swear as f'ken often as I f'ken like (without repercussions and having to pay for it).:D

Oh I love it so much when your 'bad girl' returns!

Auto Glass wholesale.
Personally I don't know much about the Auto Glass business. I take care of the books and admin and talking with suppliers from overseas that we import from, my business partner takes care of the sales side.

Expect transparency is very important to you and your biz partner

Expect transparency is very important to you and your biz partner
LOL yes.
But not so important from some of the Chinese manufacturers that we have imported from.
Quality control is not their strong point.
Maybe it is just me but I imagine drivers would prefer that whenever they get behind the wheel and look through their windscreen, it doesn't seem like it's a foggy day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about you WBW.
Besides being a foul mouthed...

Very kind but I am not without my flaws.

My main biz interest is designing and selling enterprise software focussed on organisational behaviour. Small teams in Oz and India. My BF sabbaticals are when I need to knuckle down.

Not that my posts reflect it, but my academic background is in intelligence: how we can think better.

Am incredibly fortunate that my biz partner is a grown-up who reins in my excesses. She is so damn good that I overlook that she is a Carlton supporter.

Take it in turns pandering each other on a Friday (outside of footy season!) Wife's turn to do the pandering tonight.

Currently in a bath, wife added lavender bomb. Red wine in hand, checking news and BF on ipad. Will jump out in 10 min to butter chicken, rice, rotti bread and a heap more red wine. Then out to local for some live music and beers.

Daughters Premier cricket washed out this weekend so no driving her to Melb for her match and sons junior cricket washed out tomorrow morning. Sleep off hangover in the morning. Life is grand.

Now as I’ve alluded to in this thread, my better half is a Carlton supporter (which makes her my worse half but I digress). Anyway, being the thoughtful, caring boyfriend I am, I bought her a hat for Christmas. Nothing special about this hat really, everyone else gets the same hat.

She wasn’t impressed, so we arrived at a compromise. Each week I would put a birthday allowance into the hat. The money would accumulate until her birthday in March, at which time we’d spend it on a present of her choosing. Thereby somewhat negating the shittiness of the Christmas present.

Now, what I haven’t told her, but what I’m planning on doing, is on the week before her birthday I’m going to remove all of the money from her hat except for a few quid.

This will teach her a life lesson. Cheating the “salary cap” has consequences, it hurts people who take things at face value and are fair and honest, and maybe she shouldn’t support such a s**t, immoral bunch of scumbags.

;)

Now as I’ve alluded to in this thread, my better half is a Carlton supporter (which makes her my worse half but I digress). Anyway, being the thoughtful, caring boyfriend I am, I bought her a hat for Christmas. Nothing special about this hat really, everyone else gets the same hat.

She wasn’t impressed, so we arrived at a compromise. Each week I would put a birthday allowance into the hat. The money would accumulate until her birthday in March, at which time we’d spend it on a present of her choosing. Thereby somewhat negating the shittiness of the Christmas present.

Now, what I haven’t told her, but what I’m planning on doing, is on the week before her birthday I’m going to remove all of the money from her hat except for a few quid.

This will teach her a life lesson. Cheating the “salary cap” has consequences, it hurts people who take things at face value and are fair and honest, and maybe she shouldn’t support such a s**t, immoral bunch of scumbags.

;)
... at least that’s what I wish I could say :( she actually got quite a good haul of presents from me last Christmas, and no lessons were taught about making good life decisions regarding football loyalty. The cap doesn’t exist but someone ballsier than me in a similar situation feel free to use the inspiration?

...making good life decisions...

Tarkyn, do you love this girl?

If 'yes' or 'could do', spoil her senseless on her birthday in every domain.

Supporting Carlton is a flaw, a very deep flaw, but let it go in the same way as if you found out she crashed your car texting or served a couple of years in juvenile detention for running an ice lab.

We all have our foibles - it is part of the human condition.

And while we are on the human condition, cherish this brief golden glimmer that is life between the endless black before and after. Hold your gf close and kiss the back of her neck.

Hugs :rainbow:

Tarkyn, do you love this girl?

If 'yes' or 'could do', spoil her senseless on her birthday in every domain.

Supporting Carlton is a flaw, a very deep flaw, but let it go in the same way as if you found out she crashed your car texting or served a couple of years in juvenile detention for running an ice lab.

We all have our foibles - it is part of the human condition.

And while we are on the human condition, cherish this brief golden glimmer that is life between the endless black before and after. Hold your gf close and kiss the back of her neck.

Hugs :rainbow:
Yeah she’s okay I suppose. I moved to the other side of the world with her on the basis of gut feeling so she’s definitely my number one priority. :)

Last edited:

;)

Tarkyn, we all have our crosses to bear. Mine is a Cats supporting husband. I cant tell you how often I ridiculed his team, over the decades. Sleepy Hollow, handbags, Western District squatters, red heads, Sam Newman and plastic surgery: I've used every possible insult. Until 2007. Since then I've pretty much shut up, for obvious reasons, and I dont like it. One bit.

I can only advise that, in the interests of maintaining a happy life, you feign sympathy when their team loses. Pretend to be outraged at umpiring decisions that go against them. Fake joy at the return of wornout old has beens, like GAJ at Geelong. Put on a sad face when one of them plays poorly. But most of all, be humble when the Pies smash them out of the park.

Tarkyn, we all have our crosses to bear. Mine is a Cats supporting husband. I cant tell you how often I ridiculed his team, over the decades. Sleepy Hollow, handbags, Western District squatters, red heads, Sam Newman and plastic surgery: I've used every possible insult. Until 2007. Since then I've pretty much shut up, for obvious reasons, and I dont like it. One bit.

I can only advise that, in the interests of maintaining a happy life, you feign sympathy when their team loses. Pretend to be outraged at umpiring decisions that go against them. Fake joy at the return of wornout old has beens, like GAJ at Geelong. Put on a sad face when one of them plays poorly. But most of all, be humble when the Pies smash them out of the park.
Can you guys, as Pies supporters, stop preaching humility and grace? I’m trying to keep up appearances over here :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back